E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 128 Results
  1. E46 M3
    Guys, do we have any pictures of how to disassemble / repair the SMG shift knob? My idea is to disassemble it, wrap in real CF to match with other CF interior, then put back the upper emblem and nappa leather bits. Current prices for OEM knobs are INSANE! Any pics of how to disassemble the knob...
  2. E46 M3
    Hello everyone, I own a 2003.4 m3 with an SMG transmission. I was slowing down to a complete stop at a traffic light and noticed the SMG was stuck at 2nd gear on the indicator screen. When I pressed the throttle, the revs felt like the car was in neutral or the clutch was disengaged. After 30...
  3. For Sale M3 SMG Parts

Driveline
    Hey guys, finally cleaning out the storage unit and getting rid of some of the old spares. Swapped the M3 SMG out for a manual for track driving, but kept the SMG around in case I wanted to change back. Everything worked perfectly when I pulled the car apart, just been sitting in my storage...
    $1 USD
  4. E46 M3
    Hello, recently been able to restart my attempts at flashing the CSL tune onto my SMG thanks to Bali's guide on setting up standard tools. Followed this guide with no errors or issues but when I hit program in WinkFp the flash wont make it past 0% before throwing these errors at me. INPA is...
  5. E46 General
    So I picked up a 2002 M3 convertible MT. Was pretty happy with condition, miles, and price. When I bought it I knew the third gear synchro is pretty much shot. Thought I could live with it, but I have changed my mind. MSI, I have talked to a few people telling me to get an SMG transmission and...
  6. E46 General
    I am looking to buy E46 325ci SMG gearbox from m3. I saw that this was a special model. I am in love with the car! May i get some info about the car. I want to know your opinion about it and about the smg gearbox. The price is 3500Euro i think its fine. Also if you have any idea what should i...
  7. E46 M3
    Was driving yesterday, yellow gear light came on and now only have access to 2nd, N, and R. Does anyone know what this would be or does anyone have tips on how to figure it out?
    smg
  8. E46 M3
    :cry::cry: Had the pump, clutch and a couple more things done on the car. it was working good for a month then one day it just stopped working and after smelling a weird smell (i assume clutch) kept getting error 59 so i bought a clutch slave. i installed it and now neither the actuator or...
  9. E46 M3
    I’ve been considering swapping my m3 smg to manual recently due to the clutch going out in the smg but I was wondering if I swap it to manual would I be able to just buy a ecu from a manual m3? Or will it have to be coded no matter what? I’m just concerned about trying to find someone that can...
  10. Southeast
    I live in SW Florida. What kind of shop would perform the SMG to manual transmission conversion? Can anyone recommend one? I live in Naples.
    smg
  11. E46 General
    As luck would have it, I came across an E46 M3 locally for a reasonable price. However, the caveat is that it needs a new SMG hydraulic kit. This part from what I understand runs about $5,000. Is there any chance in hell that I could find this part for cheaper than $5,000? Anything else that I...
  12. E46 General
    Hello all My e46 almost left me stranded yesterday. I have a 2002 330i sedan with the SMG (SSG) gearbox. Yesterday I parked for 10 minutes going into a store, when I came back and tried to start it I ran into some issues. It would turn to first and second ignition just fine but as soon as I...
  13. E46 General
    Hi fellow money pit enthusiasts, I've been trawling the forum for months trying to find a solution to a persistent SSG issue on my 330ci 5 speed. When I've been sat in traffic or driving on a hot day, my gearbox will be very slow to shift and engages with a VERY violent thud. On several...
  14. E46 M3
    Battery was weak (I had to start using battery pack) but it had been stored on battery tender for awhile and I just looked suspiciously at the tender and didn't think anything more of it, travelled ~20 km and parked, had to start with battery pack (had to sit for a few minutes with pack...
  15. E46 M3
    Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been having some issues with my 2002 e46 m3 with the SMG that I am hoping someone might have encountered. One day I got to work and left my car in neutral, and when I went back to move it; it wouldn't go into gear. I tried to restart the car...
  16. E46 M3
    Hello, first post here! I’ve got a 2004 BMW e46 M3 with an SMG. When attempting to shift into fourth gear (when RPM is relatively high) the gearbox will make a noticeable clunk or pop noise. When driving slow this is not an issue. I’ve already changed out the compression springs which made no...
    smg
  17. E46 M3
    Hey, so my pump just went out took it to BMW, and got charged 1200 just to look at it 😔. Guy told me it was 9 grand for them to do it, he said to take it to a speed shop and look at a manual conversion. So everywhere else they charge like 6 Grand on the east coast around NY. I would just get...
  18. E46 General
    How do i plug this in its been 2 hours and I can't seem to replug it. This is for the SMG pump motor
  19. E46 M3
    Having a problem with my E46 M3 SMG. Car starts perfectly fine, can go to neutral/reverse with no problem. But, when shifting up from second gear to the third, it just doesn't work. No codes are thrown, no lights are thrown. Can anyone help diagnose the issue? Changed the hood latches, relay...
1-19 of 128 Results