E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 87 Results
  1. E46 General
    Recently replaced the thermostat and water pump along with a few other things like hoses and expansion tank but now my car overheats. It starts up and gets to operating temp fine but then it starts to rapidly overheat. It normally starts when im stoped at a light and it just keeps getting hotter...
  2. E46 XI
    Problem: Checked codes recently on my 2002 325xi and saw the code P1620 (Map Cooling Thermostat Control Circuit Signal High) under active and pending. There wasn't a check engine light, and I haven't noticed any difference in the temps while using the car. I plugged my obd reader in while...
  3. E46 General
    Yes I’ve seen many threads about this but I’m still a bit confused. So recently when it’s started to get cold outside my m54b25 has started overcooling on highways, 65-75c and when idling it reaches the middle on the gauge in dash but still only 75c. And when heat in ac is on it gets slightly...
  4. E46 General
    Hello just replaced my ccv as my car was misfiring often. Has some misfire codes on and off for a week and now after driving pretty hard from work there was these codes and my misfire returned. I tried peeking around the engine but it was too hot. The only codes I had before was an o2 sensor and...
  5. Europe
    Hi everybody, I have a quick question, my 1999 316i with the m43b19TU engine does not get up to temperature when driving, when the car idles it does eventually get to temp but as soon as I go drive it it gets cold again, I just ordered a new oe thermostat and coolant temp sensor but im not sure...
  6. E46 General
    I have MAP cooling problem which i just found out. My lower hose was always cold and fan never kicked in while upper hose was burning and cooling temp was sitting around 105-110. So today i found out that my thermostat is also controlled by DME. Firstly, I tested the voltage of the plug coming...
  7. E46 General
    Hi all, long time/first time Been reading through the threads and I thought I figured this out but still having some troubles. Recently replaced thermostat after car wouldn't keep @ temp, monitoring from OBC highest I would get was around 86 degrees C (it's been cold here in Seattle). Also...
  8. E46 General
    This AM a strange oddity occurred in our coveted 325Ci . I recently purged air from the water using a known effective procedure to keep the bottle light from coming on occasionally it worked and is likely unrelated .. but I mention it so we all know air is not it. I pulled into a drive thru...
  9. E46 General
    Hi all, I bought a 2000 E46 323i a few months ago, in overall very good condition. During my first longer highway trip after the temperatures dropped (it was around-3 degrees celsius or ~26 F), I noticed that the temperature gauge dropped to just below the first mark, but remained above the...
  10. E46 General
    Hello, this is my first post on a forum ever… I’ve slowly been working on maintenance for my E46 and I still have some codes/issues to take care of. I have a little knowledge on some of these but I thought it would be better to ask someone more experienced for advice. For codes 202, 203, 227...
  11. E46 General
    Hello I’m new to the e46 world and new to this forum. I recently purchased a 330ci and was driving it for about a month and a half. Today on my way to work I looked at the temp gauge and saw that it was in the red so I pulled over to a gas station near by. Checked the coolant level and saw that...
  12. E46 General
    I recently have come across a coolant leak on my 2003 e46 325i. It only leaks once it’s built pressure. After taking a look from underneath the coolant is quite literally everywhere. And the highest point of the leak is on the upper radiator hose. I replaced the hose, still the same issue, I...
  13. E46 General
    Hey everyone, I own a 2002 330i that just hit 102k miles and I'm getting around to changing everything involving the cooling system just as preventative maintenance and I noticed this exposed wire running next to the oil filter housing and right above my thermostat housing. Does anyone know what...
  14. E46 General
    Hi guys, i bought my e46 a few months ago and had no troubles at all, but recently its gotten very cold and i've noticed that the car only comes up to temp when its idling and drastically drops when i start driving and never comes back to temp until i stop driving. i also have no heat at all...
  15. E46 General
    So I have a 2000 e46 215k. About a month ago, my thermostat popped and I had to replace it. Did it myself, no problems. Fast forward to last weekend. The radiator reservoir busted and I had to park it immediately. Fixed it the next morning. New radiator reservoir and sensor.. everything fixed...
  16. E46 General
    Hello. I got a buddy who just bought a 2004 325i. He had some issues with the cooling system. Here's the deal: No leaks No air in the system No signs of blown head/head gasket He said he drove it for about 15 minutes and it got warm. I helped tow it home for him. I think the thermostat is...
  17. E46 General
    It's weird. Im just going to spill what was done and things that appear wrong for me. Everything started with leaks and I figured maybe engine is overheating and has too much pressure in the cooling system. When engine is warm upper hose is stiff and hot, lower hose is cold. INPA readings are...
  18. E46 General
    I just bought my 325i and when i plugged in my scan tool while driving I noticed that my engine was at 99C and my radiator was at 27C. I tried to bleed the system with some distilled water just to see if that was the issue but I don't believe that it is. The radiator stayed stone cold the...
  19. E46 General
    Hi all, I’ve got a 2002 M3 but I’m posting in the general forum as the same thing could maybe happen with any model. So the issue. The car has been in storage for a couple of months but I needed it about a fortnight ago. All was good when I put it away and it started and drove fine when I got...
  20. E46 General
    A few months ago I had a little scare with overheating. It turns out one of the coolant lines was loose and resulted in coolant leaking out. Everything was fixed but ever since then I've made a note to turn on my obc to the coolant temperature to keep a closer eye on it, which brings us to this...
1-20 of 87 Results