E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 264 Results
  1. E46 General
    2001 330ci intermittent cel and misfires. I have listed below the codes. Could the o2 sensor be causing the system to run lean and misfire? P0158 - 02 sensor circuit high voltage (bank 2 sensor 2) P0174 - system too lean bank 2 P0300 - random/multiple misfire P0313 - misfire with low fuel P1137...
  2. E46 General
    Have an '04 330 ZHP that recently had some steering rack/alignment work done on it by a local Euro shop. After getting it back I noticed that when straightening the steering wheel coming out of a turn when the wheel was at full lock that the steering "catches" as if something is binding. Tech...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Howdy, Lost account information from when I first joined the forum a few years ago. Im a mechanic by trade, auto or diesel ill wrench on them all. I am a fabricator and welder on the side or when I need to fix something haha. Here are some (an excessive amount of) pictures of my 02' 330i 5spd...
  4. E46 General
    Hi all - are there supposed to be trim pieces that attach at the back of the front subframe reinforcement plate and also at the rear bumper of a sport package 330i sedan? There are even two screws protruding from below the spare tire well? I’ve always wondered and, after looking on realoem for...
  5. E46 General
    Hello all, Recently I have noticed a slight squeaking/grinding noise when letting off the gas paddle. Shortly after noticing this, the car started to loudly and consistently knock when idling. The whole car also aggressively vibrates when the knocking starts to occur. The knocking stops when...
  6. E46 General
    Hello from New Zealand. Hoping for help here. I have a 2003 330i automatic having some issues. I took it in for a WOF and service about a month ago, but things are only getting worse. Firstly, my car started lurching when accelerating. On specific corners when I would be accelerating, the car...
  7. E46 M3
    Hey yall! Had a quick question about my interior if anyone's got an answer for me. I'm currently 'rebuilding', or more like 'bringing back to former glory' a recently purchased 03 SMG M3. The interior is a little 'tired.' Alot of fading. Alot of cracking. Alot of rattling. And I want to start...
  8. E46 General
    This might be a bit of a long one but any help would be greatly appreciated. (M54b30 swapped 323ci. ms42 swapped to ms43) Current major issue with the car, while driving the throttle pedal acts weird, the throttle will open more or less than it should, relative to the pedal position. Sometimes...
  9. Complete Cars
    2004 330i ZHP WBAEV53464KM07332 286k on the body, 67k on the drivetrain ZHP and cold weather package Owned for four years, bought totally stock Too much to list here, listed below Vancouver, WA, 98684 Willing to ship? Yes 10,000usd, obo...
    $10,000 USD
  10. E46 General
    Hi all, For a while now I have been looking a propshaft for my 2003 330i with 170kw and a 6 speed manual transmission. Because of it's rarity it's quite hard to even find a seller for this part, let alone a part that hasn't been beaten. VIN for my car ends with PD81705. The part number I'm...
  11. E46 General
    Does anyone know how to program the throttle body for a E46 330i sedan 2001? I saw on youtube that holding the accelerator with the ignition in position 2 might do it.
  12. Electronics
    Im looking to install a rear camera for my E46, i have bought 2 from amazon but they all have a really bad 720p-ish resolution to them. Does anyone have or know where to buy one that has a 900p+++ resolution? I have the Avant 4 android 11 head unit. I have a 330i sedan 2001
  13. E46 General
    Yes another crank no start thread.. Ive got a 04 330i (133mi)and its been giving me issues with 2 lean codes(bank 1, bank 2) and an o2 sensor (bank 2 sensor 1 upstream) code. Ive replaced both upstream sensors and replaced intake boot(tearing in boot) for the lean codes. Still i receive the...
  14. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I recently tried to replace my rear muffler with the magnaflow 11378 muffler, I really thought it would fit based on the videos I've seen of it on others cars and also just the forum posts where some people recommend it, however, when I went to the muffler shop and tried to get it put in they...
  15. E46 General
    I've been approaching the 200k milestone. Finally joined the club yesterday afternoon! Changed the oil and washed the car the day prior. Met 200,000 miles on the Avocado Highway!
  16. California
    [Car appreciation post] I decided to make a spur of the moment decision and travel to Joshua Tree National Park on Sunday afternoon with my mom, brother, and his girlfriend. (Roughly an 80 mile drive) Around 2PM, we set off with a full house as well as a trunk packed with hiking and climbing...
  17. E46 Showroom
    Hello people from the internet :) My name is Oleksii, I am from Kyiv, Ukraine. I would like to show you my recent purchase, 2003 330i with 6 speed MT. Dreamed of such a car for over a year and a very long time looked for a solid variant. I wanted exactly 330i with a 6-speed manual gearbox...
  18. My current (and first) project

Currently chasing down a knocking sound in my engine bay (probably a spun bearing) but here's my baby. Nothing tok special yet as I've been doing all the maintenance the last owner put off.
  19. E46 General
    Hey guys, I'm an owner of a 330i for about 3 years, first time poster. I've been trying to track down this rattling sound I've been having with my 2001 330i. It is an automatic and has about 180k miles. I have replaced the vanos seals and Rattle rings, all 6 sparkplugs with NGK laser...
1-20 of 264 Results