E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 58 Results
  1. E46 General
    I've come with another question that I couldn't find much about. I currently have an electronic fan on my 02 bmw 325xi (manual). What i currently wish to do is to go from a electronic fan to a belt driven fan and fan clutch. On top of that i don't want to run the plastic fan that is so...
  2. E46 General
    IVe been on and off tracking down an issue which results in the AC blowing warm when idling/stopped in traffic (especially noticeable at the minute in the UK with the hot/humid weather) IVe seen conflicting reports that a bad radiator fan can cause this issue, as this fan would presumably pull...
  3. E46 General
    So i have an 02 bmw 325xi manual with the electric fan. Here is my issue. I'm turning the car into a track/ daily car. I deleted my ac system and now the electric fan to my radiator stays on. I looked through the forums already and it appeared someone had the same issue. Great. So i plugged the...
  4. E46 General
    2001 330xi. New upper/lower rad hoses, heater hose, and new hose that goes to the hardline under the intake manifold, new expansion tank, new coolant temp sensor/fan switch in lower rad hose, and new fan. Car has been bled properly numerous times!!! However the electric fan will not turn on...
  5. E46 General
    I broke the pulley when I was trying to break the fan bolt lose any suggestions will take any offers at this point want to put the motor mounts lower control arms and oil pan gasket on before Saturday.
  6. E46 General
    Which one would anybody recommend? Or everyone converted to electric fan already? I was reading a thread about a problem that's so similar to mine... When it's 90F+ outside in stop and go traffic my car behaves like it has a vacuum leak - no power, rough idle, intermittent "fuel cut off" error...
  7. E46 General
    I installed a Meyle fan clutch along with a new blade last week and it is already defective. Symptoms include high, rough idle, clutch stuck engaged after car becomes hot enough, Loud whining on acceleration. These vids are exactly what I have. Ordered a BEHR today, hopefully it lasts until...
  8. E46 General
    I have tried everything short of replacing the entire ECU to get the aux fan to start on my Automatic 2002 330i, Brand new lower hose temp sensor Brand new aux fan fan is getting 12v at the plug fuse 37 was not blown but replaced it anyway just to rule it out wire to ECU has continuity and is...
  9. E46 General
    I have the manual fan (w clutch) in my car. I’ve heard many great stories about swapping it over to electric and deleting the front aircon fan. I have a Behr Fan on order but it has a long leadtime... parts store in UK (eurocarparts) has an EIS brand fan.. little bit more expensive. Anyone...
  10. E46 General
    Hi guys So i just did a clutch fan delete and also a mishimoto fan controll for the cluster fan because I just finished a head gasket job and complete cooling overhaul. Now with the fan turning on at 90 degrees temp, Full Power! my temperature still goes up to 97 with the heater on and when i...
  11. E46 General
    What to do about broken connectors? My fan exploded and it broke the front aux fan connector as well as the connector for my expansion tank being broken somehow. Is there somewhere that will sell me just little individual connectors? Because knowing that all of them are so brittle I know more...
  12. E46 General
    Hey, so I've got yet another problem with my car. Recently the car started overheating. Changed the water pump since it was leaking just a bit and also got a new thermostat, since the shop told me that the old one was blocked. After that the car continued to overheat. What I did found out is...
  13. E46 General
    When i replaced my water pump my fan clutch would not come loose of the whole water pump i ended up deciding to replace the fan clutch. i bought an after market one on amazon, awful choice if anybody is thinking about buying a non oem DO NOT extremely noisy makes my car sound like a truck...
  14. E46 General
    My car started to overheat yesterday while in traffic, this is after a whole cooling system update about 10k miles ago, new fluid, water pump, radiator, therm etc. So I was pretty positive it was not related to anything that was replaced, but I checked everything and water pump was working, and...
  15. E46 General
    Hello So a while back I did some work on a fuel pump and needed to reset the codes. By accident (not knowing) I reset the codes while the car was on or had was in the ignition position. Afterwards I read I shouldn't have done that. Immediately after I noticed a whirring noise from the fan like...
  16. E46 General
    I have a quiet but annoying interior noise. Sound like crickets. On start up and sometimes while driving. I am convinced it's the ECU Fan (firewall near your left foot when driving). The noise isn't bad but if it's failing that's I presume a bad thing as I don't want my ECU to overheat. Has...
  17. E46 General
    Hey guys, I was wondering if a 2002 316i has a clutch fan or an electric fan? If it's a clutch fan, is it hard to switch to a temperature operated electric fan? And how would one do this? Any help is appreciated since I couldn't find any info while googling for it. Thanks in advance.
  18. E46 General
    so i have a 2002 325 with about 163k miles. I had an overheating issue last summer, replaced the water pump, thermostat, and electric fan. haven't had a problem since. Last night, i was idling in the taco bell drivethru and my temperature gauge started going up and the car shut off. i opened the...
  19. E46 General
    Hello, I have a 2006 330ci, 6 speed. Recently the fan got stuck on max constantly. It would even continue to run after the car was shut off. I got tired of plugging it in and out for every drive, so I replaced the fan. Now the fan is constantly on max when the car is on. However it turns off...
  20. E46 M3
    Alright, so the auxiliary electric fan on my M is rattling around. It's bad enough to cause noises in the cabin with the windows up. From what I can tell, the fan is still in one piece but there is play in the motor allowing it to wobble when in use. It needs replaced. So the question is, could...
1-20 of 58 Results