E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 6 Results
  1. E46 General
    Was sitting at idle for 5-10 minutes after some hard driving then car started miss firing drove home about half mile scanned it got P0170 and Cyl 1,2,3 miss fire. Plugged in INPA cleared the code turned the car on to see if it would happen again and watch the live data but it never showed back...
  2. E46 General
    Hello all. So my 2000 328i with 200K+ miles on it was sitting for about 2 weeks because I was waiting on some new parts. Went to start it, fired right up. Cylinder 3 started to misfire so I shut it off threw in the old (but not bad) coil pack I still had from when I replaced them. Car fired up...
  3. E46 General
    Okay, so I've been having an issue with this horrible howling/whistling noise coming from the engine for the last two months now. I've replaced the DISA seal, intake boots. I replaced the CCV system with a catch can system. NONE of this has fixed the howling. The only thing that the catch can...
  4. E46 General
    Have a 1997 328-I convertible and got a fail on smog. The HC ( hydrocarbons) were at 201, where as average was shown to be 17 and max allowed was 100. I had the CEL and checked codes, had a P0170 and I think a P1188. Was finding info on forums of the fuel system intake hoses are often problems...
  5. E46 General
    Hey Fanatics, I'm trying to debunk these fault codes here. I have been trying to pass smog and even though the car is running fantastic (23mpg city / 33mpg highway / avg combined 27ish) I keep throwing these codes. I by no means post a thread without searching but I'm really at a loss here...
  6. E46 General
    For some time, I have had these codes with the SES light on: P1188 P1189 Usually, but not always, with one or more of these codes: P1250 (especially this one) P0170 (P0171 on M54 & M56 engines) P0173 (P0174 on M54 & M56 engines) P0150 P0130 Freeze frame data on my scanner...
1-6 of 6 Results