E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 63 Results
  1. DIY Guides
    Today I changed both front shocks on the E46 2001. I thought I would try with no special tools first, and 3 hours later they are both complete. Jack the car, remove the wheel, then using blocks of wood under the ball joint lower the car back down. This compresses the spring. Take a small strap...
  2. E46 Touring
    Hi, just had one of my front springs snap, and will look to replace the shocks at the same time. Can anyone recommend an OEM feel replacement, preferably with links please!! UK based. The car is the 325i sport touring. Would about £540 sound reasonable for this to be done at a garage? Would do...
  3. Suspension, Brakes
    Hi all, I have a 2001 330ci with the sport package. I recently replaced my struts/shocks and mounts with bilstein b4s and I’ve been thinking about making the ride a bit lower. From what I’ve researched B4s are not ideal with lowering springs and I would have gone a different route if I knew...
  4. Suspension, Brakes
    I’ve recently installed Bilstein b4 shocks and struts with some H & R sport lowering springs on my 2005 BMW 325I. After installing the springs onto the new shock and installing it into the car. I lowered the car and noticed that my shocks were riding on the bump stops. I trimmed the bump stops...
  5. E46 XI
    Alrighty guys, I'm back with another question. Some of you will probably tell me to stop wasting your time (I don't consider learning a waste of mine), but I'm curious nonetheless. I have a 2003 330XI with H&R sport lowering springs that I put on awhile ago and LOVE how they ride, but wish they...
  6. E46 General
    Are these installed correctly?
  7. E46 General
    Can I replace just the rear shocks on my 2002 330i with Koni Yellow adjustable dampers? I’d like to do all four corners but I have two older BMWs and I’ve already spent far more on preventative maintenance this year than I’d planned. The fronts will probably have to wait until the spring and...
  8. Suspension, Brakes
    There is a fellow on craigslist who is selling a set of H&R race springs with the 31019 VA stamped onto one of the springs. There also seems to be a 2/2001 stamped on them. Is that the manufacture date? A quick google search brings up the H&R sport cup suspension kit at ECS Tuning. I have a...
  9. Suspension, Brakes
    Hi everyone, It's been a while since my original post on the forums (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1106756) and my 2003 325i has come a long way in terms of reliability. At this point I figure it is time to refresh the suspension. The goal for this job is to improve the daily...
  10. Suspension, Brakes
    I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to cars so some background... I've have my 318 for about 3/4 years and bought it from someone that had lowered it on a fairly cheap set of coilovers and rear springs...so cheap in fact that the coilovers are seized and stuck at their current ride height. I...
  11. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello! :hi: I recently installed new polyurethane bushings on my car and uncovered a different problem! :blah: Front shocks are completely shot. I will eventually be needing rear shocks but they are not as bad. Mechanic said that front shocks/struts are 1st priority. I received an estimate...
  12. E46 General
    i have an 01 325xi and i am over due on shocks. when it comes to shocks i have absolutely no clue what im am talking about. but i know i want to replace the whole assembly. any recommendations for what to buy? i would love to get a sport suspension and lower it a little, but at the same time i...
  13. E46 General
    Hey E46 fam. Quick question. I'm interested in buying these replacement shocks. Are these good or bad ? http://m.buyautoparts.com/plabuynow.asp?year=2001&make=BMW&model=325i&partname=Shock_and_Strut_Set&partno=75-83266_2C&gclid=CPXzg_qbwNACFZZMDQodHyoONA
  14. E46 General
    Friends, I know there are probable a million threads on this, but I am concerned about urgency, so please bear with me. I have a leaking rear shock and there is a sort of rattle noise coming from someplace near there. If I have a busted shock and a cracked mount, how urgent is it to replace...
  15. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys soo every time i park and get out of the car, as soon as i get out the car lifts up and i can hear it metal . Soo im sure that means its time too replace my rear suspension. Im going to do front and rear But ive never hear anything about springs. Unless cracked or chipped do springs...
  16. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys im thinking about replacing my struts and im just wondering what are some good names out there , and the general pricing for them, thanks in advance !
  17. DIY Guides
    Hey guys, so let me get to the point. I set aside this weekend to replace the old shocks, struts, and springs on my 2000 323i with some new FK adjustable coil overs. I live in a pothole infested town so it was a long time coming. Anyway, I installed the front end struts and they went in like a...
1-17 of 63 Results