E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 123 Results
  1. E46 M3
    Hello everyone, I own a 2003.4 m3 with an SMG transmission. I was slowing down to a complete stop at a traffic light and noticed the SMG was stuck at 2nd gear on the indicator screen. When I pressed the throttle, the revs felt like the car was in neutral or the clutch was disengaged. After 30...
  2. E46 M3
    After 130,000 miles, my 2004 M3 needed differential bushings to solve a very bad case of "the Clunks." I installed RevShift polyurethane differential bushings, but after only 1,000 miles, the RevShift bushings experienced a catastrophic failure. The polyurethane literally extruded out of the...
  3. E46 M3
    I’ve owned my 2004 E46 M3 Cabrio for about 7 months. It has about 140K miles. I’ve been underneath it quite a bit; installed a CSF Oil Cooler, then an entire cooling system rebuild with CSF radiator. The prior owner had a bunch of work done as well; VANOS rebuild with Beisan Systems...
  4. E46 M3
    So I’ve been in the market for a fun/sporty car that I can also learn how to work on. I found this 2005 e46 m3 and was wondering if the mileage really is a deal breaker. The listed mileage is 229,132 km. Now I am willing to learn how to work on the car and spend the required amount to fix the...
  5. Africa
    Hi guys i need some advice I have a 2005 Bmw E46 M3 Face lift.The car accelerates to 140 then goes into limp mode and doesn't accelerate beyond that.When hits 140 There's a loud beep noise and the car goes completely dead,sometimes it even switches off I then have to put the key off and on and...
  6. E46 M3
    Hi all, i am getting 3 different errors as seen in the screenshot. They are repeating after a short while if i clear them. Can anyone explain what are those?
  7. E46 M3
    Hello all, My 2002 E46 M3 is making cracking exhaust sound on cold start, and i don't know if it is normal or not. Cats in place, Kreissieg valved muffler video: https://youtube.com/shorts/vcA8hHd9yV8?feature=share
  8. Parting Out
    Hey all, I have a 2002 BMW M3 ready for partout. Please see pictures. Everything is available unless posted below as sold! Pictures and videos upon request. Not pictured is a super rare CARB legal polished Injen intake system. Will ship anything at buyers expense. Payments accepted are Venmo...
    $1,234 USD
  9. E46 M3
    Hello all, I just bought a E46 M3 and i am planning to go trackdays with it. I know the stock brakes are bad for track, and the rotor and pads are worn out right now. I also have a 220D with M Sport brakes (340mm front 345mm rear) I heard someone swapping M4 brakes on M3 and like it. Also M...
  10. E46 M3
    Hi all, I got a big problem, in the begining i bought the buildjournal b spec, flashed to ecu of e46 m3, everything is fine. but i found a fault code of the bmw logger, it is shown "DME memory fault", until I misunderstand the virginize(it is just reset the flash limited), i clicked the...
  11. E46 M3
    So, when I start my car everything starts up fines and no dash lights remain on. I wait the same amount of time for the car to warm up and drive the same route to work 5 days a week, and every time I get to a certain point on my route the yellow oil light turns on. Now I’ve had an oil leak fixed...
  12. E46 General
    I have a 2003 bmw m3 that has a crank no start issue after installing catless headers. I checked all the o2 sensors and they look good. Got a new fuel pump relay and I also Got a used fuel pump from my mechanic that worked for a day flawlessly but I had to start it with starting fluid directly...
  13. E46 M3
    Hi, i'm having a nightmare with the VANOS of my e46 m3, so the problem is that a shop fixed the vanos (selenoid, timing, gaskets, oil line, etc...) and the car runs great long trips, spirited driving, etc... until i took the car to the track, the vanos code are in the dme again, the wierd...
  14. E46 M3
    This video is a recording from the Driver's side. I've had this creaking noise ever since I got the car...the car has spent most of its life up north, Chicago, and Denver.. the tierod and front control arm bushings aren't busted up or exposed but the area is rusty. The sound is more...
  15. Mid Atlantic
    Hey guys, I'm wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with a shop in the Northern Virginia area to do a CSL Airbox install and tune. Also want to know if the set up from the shop still allows emissions communications and subsequently pass emissions testing. Thanks for the help!
  16. E46 Convertible
    So I got new/used hardtop and I got a brand new kit for the installation took off everything again to see if I had it right everything checked out so my main problem here is that my done lights and hardtop lights stay on but they are dim and I haven’t checked fuses or anything on the hardtop it...
  17. E46 Convertible
    Hi everyone, Wanted to ask for help diagnosing this issue. Current symptoms: -> Top is currently in open position stored on the convertible compartment. -> When pressing the "Close" button, the convertible compartment will unlock but nothing else happens. There is no sound, no signs of any...
  18. E46 M3
    Hi everybody I have a 02 m3 smg with 110k miles. The other day it gave me a AE code it’s something fuel related. What can cause that because it can’t be a fuel pump cause it’s only related to cylinder 1-3.
1-18 of 123 Results