E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 102 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello everyone. So I recently acquired a 2001 325i sedan that unfortunately has a warped block. I now have been told that I have the option of swapping the engine from another 325i with production dates up to 2012. The bad part about this is I live in the Bahamas so sourcing an engine from...
  2. Electronics
    So I bought a 325i that was written off for some cosmetic damage a while back to have spare parts for my 2005 325i, long story short my key fob got water damage and corrosion so the car didn't start at all until we opened it, and dried out most of the moisture, now it's back to not starting. So...
  3. E46 General
    Hi guys, so a good year ago my key fob just stopped working, I assumed it was the cheap Chinese fob I had, so bought another and tried to program it, still nothing, checked all the relevant fuses and they all checked out okay. After a bit of research I found out it was most likely the FZV...
  4. E46 General
    Hoping i can get some help here. To sum it up my 2000 328i decided to not to start one night, everything sounded normal and the lights work except i noticed the usual clutch switch/ starter relay click wasn't there. Replaced the clutch switch and it worked fine until literally 5 minutes later i...
  5. E46 General
    I have a 330i 2003 convertible. I cut the key ring antenna by accident. I got a new one and replaced it, but now it cranks but won’t start. I checked everything like wiring, battery voltage, fuel pump, etc. Everything is fine. What can I do now?
  6. E46 General
    Can I use a blank key specifically part# 32321109801 and have it cut just so I can unlock my door manually? I need a key I can take with me in the ocean which is why I can’t use the valet key (can’t get wet) while I leave my triangle key fob in the car while I’m surfing. Don’t want to bother...
  7. E46 General
    Hey guys, I have two diamond keys for my E46. One ist working fine. The other one was already taken apart and the lock button was broken off from the board. I soldered on a new button and it makes good contact. With that key I can also start my car, so EWS is working fine, but none of the...
  8. E46 General
    So when i bought my car i got 3 keys, 2 OEM ones and one newer model key. I recently installed some halos and coded my car to flash when i unlock/lock + turn on interior lights, but it only seems to work when i unlock manually via the door. I haven't tried the OEM keys as they both seem to be...
  9. Electronics
    Hello guys! Am i seeing correctly that it should be connecting to the board? Is it repairable? Will i need to replace the battery? Where can i get a key housing for a decent price? (And maybe a battery? (VL2020) picture: since i can't upload any image because of server error
  10. E46 General
    Hi guys, so I have an 03 325ci that I have been chasing a no crank issue for a few months. Basically a few months ago I got state reffed and had to convert my car back to stock. Had to swap headers, intake, tune and exhaust. Anyway the car was having some intermittent cranking issues before that...
  11. Electronics
    Hi, I’m having a problem locking/unlocking my car with key fob (also can’t open trunk with the key and interior lights don’t light up when I press unlock button, central locking button next to the handbrake is WORKING). Also I tried resync of keys - not working. Electrician checked both GM5 and...
  12. E46 General
    My E46 Door Lock is acting up. When I go place my key into the door lock it will unlock and unlock the drivers side door only which means when I open it I have to rush to turn my key in the ignition to turn the alarm off. It’s hit or miss when unlocking and locking my car as some times it will...
  13. E46 General
    i bought my car used and i think someone tried to break in to it before i bought it. i can’t insert my key into the hole, i would like to replace it but i don’t know what part it is or if BMW would need to do it cause of the key shape.
  14. E46 General
    I just bought a new key for my 2003 330Ci Convertible facelift and comfort functions don’t work with it. Wireless locking works, car can start as usual. When I use my old key, comfort functions work, I can remotely close/open windows etc. Where is problem? I have BMW Scanner 1.4 as well as...
  15. E46 General
    So as recommended and because it looked like the Problem, I replaced the two relays in the GM5 Module. However the Problem of not being able to lock/unlock the car with the key half the time, and the Problem of the key not wanting to program to the car still persists. The locking system DOES...
  16. E46 General
    I have tried every possible way that I can find to program the key fob but none of them work. I don't want to buy a new key and I have run out of ideas to solve this issue. The only thing I can think of is that the key is broken or the battery is faulty/discharged. I have been driving the car...
  17. E46 General
    Hi there, I have been trying to solve my 2003 e46 touring key problem without success. my remote opening and closing of the the doors/windows and rear window was working less and less until it did not work anymore. I thought it was the battery in the key. My other key has never worked for remote...
    key
  18. E46 General
    The diamond key I have starts the car fine still, but not being able to lock & unlock remotely has been annoying. This winter my lock froze shut and I busted it trying to open it, so now I kind of need a working key. I know an eBay key won't start the car, but if I sync it to my car turning the...
  19. E46 General
    I purchased my 328Ci last night and he said the kefob was dead. When I got it home, I split open the keyfob and noticed the battery is missing. I did some research for like 30 minutes trying to find something but all I've found was about the solder type batteries. Does anyone know what battery...
  20. E46 General
    I recently bought an 03 325xi from a friend of mine. He had the key taped up. The buttons didn't work and upon peeling off all the tape I found out the battery was missing (the original terminals were still soldered to the board). I watched the battery replacement procedure and didn't seem any...
1-20 of 102 Results