E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 104 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hey Everyone, Car : 2005 BMW 325i MS45.1 Code: 2783 hot film air mass sensor (2) signal or value below threshold (15) test conditions fufilled (35) error currently present, OBD debounced. Looking for some insight as I have tried tracing this down. I tried everything before going out to purchase...
  2. E46 General
    Hey, so after getting my car (2000 328i touring) off the lift tonight, I started working out the misfire that occurs. Problem: engine starts alright, fluctuates in RPM a bit but it settles pretty nicely after about 3-5 seconds. After running it for about 1-2 minutes cold or 15-30 seconds warm...
  3. E46 General
    The car has a P0102 code (low MAF gram/sec airflow) and I see 2.85-3.00 gram/sec at idle. At 45 mph the value ranged from 7.5 to 21 whether I was on a slight decline or slight incline with the average somewhere around 14. I'll also be checking for a vacuum leak via high STFT/LTFT readings, but...
  4. E46 General
    Owned the car since new. Sits in the garage in Canada until the sun comes out. 216,000 km (~130,000 miles) Rough idle and engine light. Drives fine, but that's because I assume the ECU is compensating with the lambda sensors and a table (open loop?). Anyone have off-idle numbers? 1500rpm no...
  5. E46 General
    Hello all, I have a 2002 330 with approximately 115k miles. When I bought it 2 years ago it felt peppy. Since then I have installed a corsa tse3 catback. Recently I have felt like I am driving a 325i. Slow at low rpms and feels slow in 3rd through 4th. I thought maybe I was running lean? Maybe...
  6. E46 General
    I recently purchased a filter system which is 3inch diameter and to make it fit I had to use a 3 inche diameter MAF instead of the 3.5inch one that is originally in the car. I checked with obd and code P0102 came on but after a few minutes it went away. Does anyone know if this can cause issues...
  7. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    My car has tune. It will start up and run fine, but sometimes I’ll get up to a light or stop sign and stop and then sometimes it starts running on 4 cylinders. If i just turn the car off then back on it’s fine. What could the issue be?
  8. E46 General
    hello e46 and bmw community. my car is a 2002 330ci coupe with the automatic transmission and 3.0L. the car was experiencing overheating problems for a while and i resolved those by replacing all the cooling system components and properly bleeding the system. after doing this i started getting a...
  9. E46 General
    I purchased a 2002 325xi auto (usa) a few months ago and have had problems since. Random multiple misfires, p0300, fuel trim bank 1 and 2 permissible range exceeded. It has new spark plugs, dinan coils, injectors, fuel filter, intake boots, valve cover, lower intake boot, intake manifold gasket...
  10. Europe
    I have a e46 320d 2003 m47 150hp and was just touching around with ista and inpa For some reason the desired and current values arent the same Current is almost double than desired Should i be concerned or is everything fine? Btw i also added +30 rpm to idle because it felt kinda rough Please...
    maf
  11. E46 General
    I have a 2002 BMW 325i (01/2002 prod. date) and I got a Blue Streak Electronics MAF today... I know you are all groaning lol but I saw BSE also do Siemens Remans (oreillys.com) for our 3 terminal e46's so of course I started to do some research and figured I'd get the new one since it was...
  12. Europe
    Does anybody know what could the p0170 code mean. I know that it's either maf sensor or an O2 sensor. Symotoms i'm curently heaving are, whenever i stop car almost stalls, rpms drop to almost 500rpm and than come back to normaln, this happens most oftenly when i turn the wheel. Could it be the...
  13. E46 General
    At the moment i have codes P0174, P0171, P0505, i had a good idle a couple days ago car ran fine but i knew the codes it had so i started checking what could be wrong i checked my DISA valve the flap worked fine but the seal was bad so i left everything as is taken apart and in a couple days it...
  14. E46 General
    If anyone is good at diagnosing fuel trim issue please help!!! Okay so to start off, I have no vacuum leaks I’ve had a new fuel pump and regulator. I recently swapped out my maf sensors for an oem one as I was getting bad fuel trims when throttle was applied. At idle everything was normal...
  15. E46 General
    I have a 2001 330ci and my MAF was going bad and I tried cleaning it but last night I first had a couple episodes where I had rough idle and the engine would just fail so I waited a bit unplugged the MAF and it started and was going okay while I was trying to get home then on the highway I could...
  16. E46 General
    Guys, please help. Where should I start to get rid of p1188, p1189 car has very poor acceleration and feels so sluggish often. My intake boot is good no cracks. Im thinking about o2 sensors or maf. Oxygen sensors acting really weird. So bank 1 pre cat sensor voltage at idle stays steady at like...
  17. E46 General
    I have a 2001 BMW 325i with a manual trans, and I've been having this issue with my car where the idle bounces when I come to a stop light. I've already checked all the vacuum lines and have replaced most of them, and replaced the MAF. but I'm still having this bouncing idle, any ideas on what...
  18. E46 General
    Hello! Without stirring up the debate about when to replace a MAF sensor or the symptoms/behavior that might indicate this step, I'm trying to determine the manufacture date of the MAF in my vehicle. It came with no service records to speak of, and inspecting the part, it appears that the date...
    maf
  19. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I recently tried to start my car after having sat for three weeks to which it started but stalled out almost immediately. The car has never missed a beat up until this moment, it is serviced regularly and has just under 90k kilometers on the clock. After consulting roadside...
1-20 of 104 Results