E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 15 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hey Guys, My car is throwing the code p0171 and p0174 which I think are for lean bank or something and at the same time my exhaust is louder than usual and it burbles. Do you have any idea what it could be? Edit: mistakingle put p0101 p0104 instead of p0174 p0171
  2. E46 General
    Hey I purchased my e46 325i M54 about 8 months ago. When I bought it, it already had the lean codes and random misfires. Guessing the person before me gave up on it too. So far I’ve replaced the following in attempts to fix these codes: 1. spark plugs 2. Coil packs 3. Valve cover 4. Some of the...
  3. E46 General
    At the moment i have codes P0174, P0171, P0505, i had a good idle a couple days ago car ran fine but i knew the codes it had so i started checking what could be wrong i checked my DISA valve the flap worked fine but the seal was bad so i left everything as is taken apart and in a couple days it...
  4. E46 General
    So me and my buddy bought a 2001 325i 2.5l 6 cylinder m54 and it was sitting for 2 years before we purchased it. We replaced the battery and starter in the beginning and then started chasing the codes. Car runs great for about an hour or two but then starts throwing codes. We erase the codes and...
  5. E46 General
    I have been following this forum since I own this car, first time posting. I have a 05’ 330i, bought brand new and owned it since - mostly do maintenance myself. 110k miles. The car was running mostly fine. The LCA bushings needed replacement - but that’s about it. Haven’t done anything major...
  6. E46 General
    Please delete
  7. E46 General
    Hey all, Still can't thank everyone enough for all the help and knowledge I've gained from cruising around this site. From the FJOF thread, he had said to start a new thread when we do this so, I'm just following that. Prior to any work I did with the car, I was throwing 8 different codes, the...
  8. E46 General
    So I have the P0171 and P0174 codes signifying a vacuum leak and there's a hissing noise I can hear coming from the front left tire when the car is running. I was wondering if these two things are related
  9. E46 General
    Alright, I've put in hours of research on different causes of the Lean codes (P0171/P0174) and the Engine not running 100%. I've also done troubleshooting for most of it, and now I hope to present all the clues that I've found to someone who has spent a lot of time with E46s and who might be...
  10. E46 General
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Saying that I have being reading this forum for months now, and I'm still confused. So here goes! I bought my car (2004 330ci convert) first week on June. Two days later the SES came on, so I took it to Autozone the guy showed me the code and it was only P0171...
  11. E46 General
    I have a 325i 2004 5 speed and whenever I put the car into a gear and try to move it starts shaking on me and usually turns off. If I put it into a gear and keep my foot on the clutch and press the gas pedal all the way down the revs go up in a stutter and sometimes won't go up and shake and...
  12. E46 General
    Hello everyone I just joined today and Im a new proud e46 owner. I love the car except I'm being driven up a wall by this engine light. I get the two codes P0171 and P0174. To my knowledge these codes mean my car is running lean correct? Well so far I've replaced the intake boot, mass air meter...
  13. E46 General
    Hello all, I'm on here asking for all your cumulative assistance to help me solve these codes that ive been getting. -Lean codes P0171 & P0174 - P0131 Misfire due to low fuel and P0505 ICV failure The codes are intermittent and randomly trigger the SES light and vice-versa. The car runs...
  14. E46 General
    Okay, I know hardly anything about BMWs and DIY car repairs in general, but I'm trying to learn how to do some stuff myself because I can't afford to keep taking my car into the shop to have work done. I just had 60k service / Inspection II done on my 04 325i about a month ago at an independent...
1-14 of 15 Results