E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 119 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Hey everyone so I’m having a problem with my 05 325xi, cars been sitting for about a week and a half, with no problems beforehand with starting and suddenly when I went to go to start it yesterday, it won’t crank and is just clicking. Figured the battery is dead so I threw it on a jumper...
  2. E46 XI
    New to the forums, but my 2003 325xi is hard to shift into gear. The clutch is very stiff and only changes gears when the car is off but when the car is on the gears grind when trying to shift into gear but goes into reverse very easily when the car is off or on. What happened was I was driving...
  3. E46 Touring
    Hello! THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH!! My beloved 2001 325xi 5spd Manual met its unfortunate demise due to an electrical fire that started in the fuse box. I want to know if there is anyone who would be interested in any parts off of it before it's turned into a block of metal. The fire didn't...
  4. Motorsports, Track
    So like the title says i have a fuel gauge issue or at least something associated with it. Right now my lovely 325xi which is a dedicated track car is giving me an issue where with a full tank it won't read over half by more than a sliver. I've recalibrated the gas gauge itself. I've also...
  5. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I was wondering if anyone has tried putting the Yonaka cutback on their xi? If so how did it fit. I put headers on my xi that weren't supposed to fit. I don't see why it wouldn't fit unless the exhaust travels a different route underneath the car. Also I would appreciate if anyone knows of any...
  6. E46 General
    I bought my e46 325ix touring about 2 months ago and ever since i got it ther has been a popping sound coming from the front end. The noise only comes during slow speeds while turning the wheel, both reverse and forwards. I hear it more clearly when i go to full lock. It`s coming from the left...
  7. E46 General
    Hi guys me being unsure has led me here to ask a mostly stupid question but I feel the need to be sure. I'm going to attach a image and in the image there is a picture of my passenger front tire. The issue is that where the question mark is I am unsure whether or not it's a ball joint or not...
  8. E46 General
    Hi, so I have a 325XI and it’s a 2001. I live in Sweden so we have very salted roads plus pretty hefty winters. And since this car is an XI it has probably seen some winters. When I looked under the car though I noticed this. I poked on it to see how rough the rust was and its only surface...
  9. E46 General
    Hi there, First of all I just wanted to thank everyone who participates on these forums - without you guys owning an E46 would be an extremely expensive endeavour. So last night I was driving on the highway at 110 kmh (65mph) and I looked down at my gauge cluster to see the temperature needle...
  10. E46 General
    I recently bought a 2005 325xi, and my OBDII is not communicating with any of the 3 readers we have tried. 2 of the 3 cost over 15,000$. We had to swap the engine due to a piston exploding in the old one, but the new engine starts and runs fine. I did notice that the engine numbers were slightly...
  11. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, my 2004 325xi is having (among other things) some issues. We recently swapped the engine, however, the DME module on the OBDII is not reading. We have tried numerous other approaches to no avail, so we think the best bet is to replace the DME itself. I honestly have no idea how I am...
  12. E46 General
    I have a 2002 325xi wagon which was running perfectly until one day I left town for a 2 week work trip, after which I came back to a completely dead battery. I connected a jump starter to the terminal under the hood and got it to start, but when I disconnect the jump starter the car would die. I...
  13. E46 General
    Hey, I have been working on fixing up an old 2005 325xi for a while now. We had to engine swap it. It's a slightly different engine, but everything was virtually the same. I wish I could scan to figure this out, but my OBDII port is currently broken (I have another thread that remains...
  14. E46 General
    My 2003 325xi's coolant light has recently been turning on and off, I've noticed that the coolant tank's bob has been at the min. every time I go to start the car but quickly goes up to max with a small amount of water added to it. The temp gauge is balanced and doesn't ever move past or below...
  15. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys, I have a 325xi 05 and I was wondering if anyone here had any expierence with coils on their xi/ what coilovers would be good for me. I’ve heard some mixed things about putting coils on the xi but i think it’s definitely the way i’m gonna go. The few i’ve been looking at are these...
  16. E46 General
    I am currently in the process of doing a power steering line overhaul on my 01 325xi. Simple job I thought. I thought wrong. As I was trying to take the return line off, the plastic ring badly cracked. I’ve tried for like 2 hours a bunch of different ideas to get it off involving grabbing...
  17. E46 General
    I've been noticing that only when I get my sedan washed at a machine car wash (touchless), I get water leaking into the right side of the trunk. It's leaking onto the felt panel on the right side above the inner wheel house. It never seems to happen when I hand wash it. Was wondering if anyone...
  18. Engine Swaps
    I got a good deal on a low mileage 3l engine from a wrecked z3 of the same year and I want to make sure that all the mounts are the exact same. Both cars are automatic and I know I’ll have to switch over oil pan and get a 330xi tune
  19. E46 General
    I am wondering if anybody knows what causes this noise? I got the video off YouTube but it sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. I hear it mainly when going uphill. Recently had it into a shop and was told my front end is all good but that is where I feel this is coming from... Recently...
  20. E46 General
    Hi all, I am reposting this as it seems my last post might have died with no real answers/directions. I am wondering if anybody knows what causes this noise? I got the video off YouTube but it sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Recently had it into a shop and was told my front end is...
1-20 of 119 Results