E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 272 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hi all, just looking for some help. I recently got my 325ti compact back on the road. It had been garaged for a few months. I have done this before and had no issues. once driving the engine light was on and after a day it started to cut off when idle in traffic. Now the car will start but is...
  2. Europe
    Hello yall, yesterday i was just driving home and in the city the car misfired once, at that moment i thought its another car behind or infront of me because a diesel doesnt do that, i then drove about 5 more km, everything worked fine, no loss in power or anything, no lights on the dash...
  3. Europe
    Hi i have a manual 330ci e46 (2003) and i have a big misfire problem. have tried a few things, new injectors, sparkplugs and maf sensor. I have also checked with a obd scanner. I also have regular fuel pressure. But in bank 2 it is exstremely rich. it misfires only in bank 2 (all 3...
  4. E46 General
    I am thinking about pulling my engine this summer to just get all the work done that I need to do, but I'm kind of at a crossroads. I know I need to replace my ccv and my oil pan gasket, but I am curious if there was anything else I should do since I'll already have my engine out. For reference...
  5. E46 General
    Hello everyone, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask. My 2003 330i has been off the road for a minute due to some issues making a rough idle. I have placed an OBDII scanner to it and it has to do with the catalytic converters and a faulty camshaft positioning...
  6. UK
    Does anyone know what the black and red wire shown in picture is for? It’s some how cut :cry: thanks in advanced - 318i sports 2004
  7. E46 General
    Hey Guys, I was just drifiting and skidding around in a parking lot when I did a 180 and the car started to go backward on 2nd gear and the red oil light and battery light came on and the car turned off. After I tried to crank but it tried really hard but wouldnt stop. Finally on third try it...
  8. E46 General
    Today I happened to notice a high-pitched chirping noise from the engine. I can hear it at idle and didn't seem to get worse when I gave it a bit of gas. Here's a YouTube link with the noise. Maybe someone recognizes the noise and can identify it before I go see my mechanic :) It's a 2004 320i.
  9. E46 General
    Hello all, Recently I have noticed a slight squeaking/grinding noise when letting off the gas paddle. Shortly after noticing this, the car started to loudly and consistently knock when idling. The whole car also aggressively vibrates when the knocking starts to occur. The knocking stops when...
  10. E46 General
    Whenever i turn on my car after cold start be it in the morning or after not driving it for a day, the car shakes the rpm meter moves, a clunk sound occurs from inside the engine and sometimes the car dies. But after a while the car goes to normal. It has only died while in parked. Mechanic told...
  11. E46 General
    Hello everyone, hope y’all a good gobble gobble day. I need some advice as my BMW has finally brought me to seek help in the forums. I’ve been doing my own repairs and services on my car for the better part of a year, and one of the few items I needed to get done was a gearbox and shifter...
  12. Engine Swaps
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 2000 330 soft top convertible e46. The main thing that is holding me back is the reliability. if it's very unreliable I'd like to swap engines (preferably an ls). Q1: how much would something like that cost? ie. engine labor and all the supplies need Q2: is it even...
  13. E46 General
    Ok so I have 2000 with the 2.8 inline 6 that’s had the intake off for a little bit and when going back together with it a small pebble size piece of the fiberglass plastic used for the air duct fell into the number 5 intake hole with the valve partially open ,, well I tried my best to fish it...
  14. E46 General
    Hello, has anyone experienced problems with engine seals or any problems after flushing their engine with liqui moly’s product? My car has a lot of miles (200k almost) and I’m worried that flushing can do more harm than good? thanks
  15. E46 General
    I have a 2003 330xi with 117,998 miles. Problems started around mid May with random misfires on cylinder #3 and coolant leaks. I stopped driving the car because of these problems and fixed coolant leak by doing a coolant system refresh (upper and lower radiator coolant hose, thermostat, water...
  16. E46 General
    Hello, I bought an 2002 330ci at an auction with 61K original miles and undercarriage damage. Inspecting the car at home I found a decent size gash in the oil pan and based on scrapes around it looks like someone ran over some rock. The only visible exterior damage is the oil pan and the skid...
  17. E46 General
    Hey, a week ago my car started doing this and it wouldn’t run. Minutes before this happened, everything was 100% fine and I had no check lights. Some people suggested replacing the fuel pump, which I just did, but nothing has changed. What would you suggest trying / doing and what do you think...
  18. E46 General
    Hey!! I have a 2003 325i (I have the resonators and muffler removed if that has anything to do with it) These are the codes I am getting. They are all somewhat related to O2 sensors. I am not sure if I should just replace the sensors or is there something else that is causing this. I also feel...
  19. E46 General
    On monday I filled my car with 85 just to get home and all of a sudden my car started shaking and RPMs dropped below idle. It sounded like a motorcycle and would constantly stall after letting off the clutch slowly in neutral if it was cold. Went to autozone and they said it was an ignition coil...
  20. E46 General
    Hello all, I’ve been pondering on whether to rebuild my m54b30 or just find another one to swap in. Check my recent post for more info but long story short a valve hit my piston causing cylinder 3 to have 0 compression. I think the amount of piston missing is significant enough for a new piston...
1-20 of 272 Results