E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 243 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hey Guys, My car is throwing the code p0171 and p0174 which I think are for lean bank or something and at the same time my exhaust is louder than usual and it burbles. Do you have any idea what it could be? Edit: mistakingle put p0101 p0104 instead of p0174 p0171
  2. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello! I want to intall exhaust bypass valves in my e46 320ci 2005. I have the m54 2.2l engine with dual pipes all the way. My qestion is what size are the 2 pipes. and what size cutout valve do i need to get is it suposed to be same diameter as original pipe or larger so it can go over and be...
  3. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, I have a 2004 330i ZHP. I recently installed a Turner Motorsport Valved Cat-back exhaust. The instructions (which I will try to add below) say to tap into the existing exhaust vacuum line. However, the ZHP did not come stock with a valved exhaust. I ran a splitter from the hose off of my...
  4. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Does anyone have sound clips of a Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust with stock headers, cat, ect… The only ones I could find were from 2007/2008. If not, does anyone recommend it over the stock zhp exhaust, i’m looking for a slight increase in sound and a deep-ish tone. Definitely don’t want a ton...
  5. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, i have a sport rear muffler on my e46, it sounds louder then stock. Not as i would want tho, wich one of theese 3 boxes can i remove, if i know right i think first one is cat, and second and third are muffler So what you reccon Where i live no need for a catalysator, only need is 1 mufffler
  6. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I have a 04 ci with clogged cats so I’m taking it as a good excuse to get some aftermarket headers. Does anyone recommend any that they have or had? Something relatively cheap and that will last?
  7. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello there i am going to try and build a quad exhaust for my e46 320d but im having trouble with one side of the exhaust i cant really think of a way to lead it to the right side of the car the left side is original and is straighpiped but i have no clue how to lead the second side around the...
  8. E46 General
    In my 2004 325ci, if you put it under load it will begin to misfire and give a check engine light but the check engine light will go away if you turn the car off and third it back on again. I was told it could be clogged cats because the car is very sluggish outside of first gear. Is there any...
  9. E46 General
    Hi there, I have a 1999 328i and there has been a gremlin that's been bothering me for the past couple of months. My car rattles, and it's driving me insane. I believe it's my exhaust, but I just can't seem to find out where. I am already planning on getting a new exhaust, since the previous...
  10. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Alright so my last exhaust post got 0 replies, and I understand that its all subjective and at the end of the day is just gonna be whatever I think is good. But I still wanna throw it out there incase one day someone else wants smt similar. So at the moment I have headers and a stock exhaust...
  11. Europe
    Hello, I was driving my e46 316ti 1.8 to get lunch today and it started pouring really hard, there werent many deep puddles but I drove through a 2cm puddle and my car became much louder. Its like I removed my exhaust. Checked the exhaust from underneath and everything seems in order. After I...
  12. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Right now my exhaust setup consists of AA headers. The rest, completely stock. It doesn't sound bad and has no drone at all but being a dumb kid I want a little more umph to my exhaust. Current plan is taking out rear muffler putting two 1791, or similar resonators in to keep the true dual...
  13. Driveline
    This is a factory exhaust from a 2001 330i sedan. Will fit RWD e46s. Will hang onto it for a few more weeks until I scrap the shell of the 01 330i this came from.
    $50 USD
  14. E46 General
    Hi, This is my first post here, Im looking at potentially welding my own exhaust from the headers down for my 2003 e46 320ci and was wondering would it be worth learning and trying to fabricate my own headers together or just buying them? Im obviously trying to save as much money as i can and i...
  15. E46 General
    Hello guys, I have to buy stock exhaust for my friend with 328ci and I'm looking to buy one, but I don't know the difference between M54 and M52TU stock exhausts. So I have some question, does only M54 330i have the valve on rear muffler ? How many pipes are going to the rear muffler on M54 vs...
  16. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hey guys, I have an E46 325i, I bought Valvetronic design universal muffler (2.5inch size). I took the car for installing this muffler at a mechanic/ muffler shop. They said I needed an entire system but I just wanted a new muffler so my car can be quiet and loud. So I need help now. I don’t...
  17. E46 General
    i took my exhaust off a while back to service the driveshaft and recalled the "golf tee mod" and that there's supposed to be some kind of valve on it, but there's nothing of the sort anywhere on my exhaust. for that matter i failed to locate the vacuum line that's supposed to run back to said...
  18. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Does anyone here have the Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust installed on their 325/330? If so, does this exhaust exceed 95 dB? I'm moving to California soon and I'm wondering if this exhaust will be legal there on my 2001 325ci. Thanks!
  19. E46 M3
    Hello all, My 2002 E46 M3 is making cracking exhaust sound on cold start, and i don't know if it is normal or not. Cats in place, Kreissieg valved muffler video: https://youtube.com/shorts/vcA8hHd9yV8?feature=share
  20. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello everyone, I currently have a stock exhaust system for my 2006 325Ci, looking to get an upgrade. This is my first car so I'm a little new to modifying and building cars! I live in California so my options is that I stick with a muffler. My preference includes deep tone, no rasp, slightly...
1-20 of 243 Results