E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 99 Results
  1. E46 General
    EDIT : Fixed by replacing engine mounts. I had the mounts for manual transmission instead of auto, + went from Febi to Lemforder. Hello everybody, This is my first post here and I'd like to thank the e46fanatics community before explaining my issue, since you guys helped me fix so many things...
  2. Europe
    Hey, I made a little video on lambda sensors live data from INPA. They all seem to do something, but I don't understand all that and what that means. That goes back to my post about self-revving issue Im having (Irregular idle N42B20). Im suspecting something with O2 sensors is off now. Could...
  3. Europe
    Hey everyone! For the last year I've had a problem where when fully warmed up - my car revs itself from normal idle to exactly 1700rpm, and then comes back to normal 750-ish. And that happens every 2 or so minutes. I had Valvetronic turned off, because the eccentric shaft sensor was broken. And...
  4. Europe
    Hey everyone, Im still having problems with my e46 318ti (N42B20): It revs on itself every 2-3 minutes up to 1700rpm and then goes back to normal idle. I've looked at some live data from ISTA+, and here are some observations: 1. When it revs - MAF sees an increase in oxygen, so I think the...
  5. Europe
    Hey everyone! I've compiled all of my currently present problems on my 2001 318ti engine in this one post, hoping maybe one problem will help with diagnosing the other. So here are all of them: 1) Engine occasionally revs up to 1700RPM and then instantly drops down to normal (700-750). It...
  6. E46 General
    Hey, sorry for my bad English. Engine N46 So today I changed the ccv and the hoses, because it was an issue before. So I got it done and started the engine. The EML light came on and engine started to shake, also there was oil smell but it could have been from before. I was tired so I went home...
  7. Other BMW Models
    Hello guys I drive M54B30 E60 and I have been chasing random cylinder misfire on startup. Doesn’t matter if the start is cold or warm the car shakes for 30 seconds then settles. On top of that there has been a intermittent drop in rpm at idle. Which is currently better after the intake boot...
  8. E46 General
    Hi guys, for the life of me I cant tell what this beeping means. Here is what I've observed so far, it comes one when I am stationary, basically when its idling. Someone pls tell me what it is! I hear this sound when I go to sleep at night now :( 2001 330ci Auto Share my pain and hear it for...
  9. E46 General
    Im experiencing a rough idle time to time on cold starts. The idle is not particularly sporadic but does have a bogging sensation to it. A little concerning considering i did have this issue not too long ago but the idle was very rough with the same bogging sensation. Now i do have lots of new...
  10. Europe
    I have a 2004 318i with the N42 engine. When I start the car from cold, all is fine right away. It idles smooth at just over 1k RPM. As it starts to warm up the revs drop as they should, just as it is reaching low idle at around 600 RPM it will drop to a low RPM almost stalling but it catches...
  11. E46 General
    I have a 2001 BMW 325i with a manual trans, and I've been having this issue with my car where the idle bounces when I come to a stop light. I've already checked all the vacuum lines and have replaced most of them, and replaced the MAF. but I'm still having this bouncing idle, any ideas on what...
  12. E46 General
    Hey guys, first post ever here as i've just purchased a 2000 318i automatic sedan (m43b19). Hoping this post will be helpful to some of the 4cyl peeps. i've had super rough vibrations when stopped in gear, both D and R, and it gets worse with the AC on. When i give it some gas and move off, its...
  13. Engine Swaps
    I have an e46 sedan 2001 manual. Bevakar of a paper napkin getting past the oil filter my old engine was running dry which led to me swapping it to an m52tu, but keeping the m54 intake manifold, and basically everything but the block and top. After some minor misfortunes and setbacks, we finally...
  14. E46 General
    This AM a strange oddity occurred in our coveted 325Ci . I recently purged air from the water using a known effective procedure to keep the bottle light from coming on occasionally it worked and is likely unrelated .. but I mention it so we all know air is not it. I pulled into a drive thru...
  15. E46 General
    Hello everyone. For me, the next step in the quest of living with a daily e46 as a broke student is trying to figure out what is going on with my idle. Today the car got flooded in the trunk (and I mean flooded like in a gallon of water inside the battery compartment). I sealed the place...
  16. E46 General
    I've been tackling some issues that my car has been facing recently. Replaced the old intake boots and vacuum hoses for the SAP check valve. The car drives fine, but when I come to a stop, my RPM's will drop to 500 and then settle around 550-600. It used to idle at 700. Started the car this...
  17. E46 General
    My e46 has had this problem where when it’s cold outside while warming up I can hear the secondary air pump work for bit then shut off. After that the car will stay around or above 1k, it will then dip almost to 0 and will go back up. After it’s warmed up it idles normally. Replaced plugs...
  18. E46 General
    My e46 320ci with the m54 engine has had this problem awhile where the idle is kinda bouncing and if i rev the engine it will stall when "coming" down to idle again. It stalls very easily when trying to "take off", the idle is better if AC is turned off. Replaced CCV including O2 pilot mod...
  19. E46 General
    Hello I have a wierd problem with my car. Its not a severe problem but very annoying. Sometimes, and only sometimes the car does this (like in the video). And when Im about to launch "with zero or little" trottle the car stalls. The car cant decide what rev it will be in. Its like when i lift...
  20. E46 General
    Hi, PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2001 330i. About a month and a half ago the car was idling rough, running lean, misfiring, super down on power and appeared to be in limp mode. I found the issue to be a bunch of torn inlet pipes and a faulty MAF sensor. I replaced all of these, scanned with the scan...
1-20 of 99 Results