E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 41 Results
  1. Suspension, Brakes
    I found old threads about fixing the rear end clunk and ive done everything short of replacing the front rear diff bushings. I replaced the subframe bushings, rear diff carrier bushing and rtabs to aluminum (with monoball for rtabs) and m3 mounts for engine and trans; it helped a bit but its...
  2. E46 General
    Hello! I have a 2005 325i 5 speed, and I've been trying to diagnose the clunk in my car for over a year now, in my efforts I've replaced the following: Giubo Driveshaft Center bearing Transmission and Differential fluid Differential bushings -> Poly Rear subframe bushings -> Poly subframe...
  3. Suspension, Brakes
    Alright the time has come, i'm coming upon the dreaded rear subframe drop that everyone knows and loves. I will be dropping my subframe sometime in this next month as I have caught up on pretty much all the maintenance this car has been asking for. The car is an 02' 330ci with the beloved 5spd...
  4. E46 M3
    I want to upgrade my OEM rubber Trailing Arm Bushings for better handling without sacrificing ride quality too much. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Mostly spirited street driving. It’s a Cabrio and I’d like to track it, but I haven’t checked with my local chapter yet.
  5. Services
    Hey all The mods asked me to consolidate my pre-pressed FCAB offering posts so here goes… I’ve been doing this service for 15 years. As indicated, I pre-press new FCAB bushings (front control arm) for three e46 variants: standard e46 & z4m, awd XI, and e46m3 models. These are ready to slip...
    $99 USD
  6. E46 General
    I purchased a 2002 325xi about 3 weeks ago. Seemed to be in good shape but definitely has its issues also. I am currently working through all of them but I am not sure how to deal with this problem. Symptoms, • Very very slight vibration when driving over 50kmh. • clunking when going over...
  7. E46 General
    I am currently trying to sort out all of my drivetrain vibrations in my project 325iT. I am looking for suggestions on where to start in terms of what to replace and what to look out for. My first issue is some substantial vibration with the car in gear, it vibrates significantly and even...
  8. E46 General
    Hello, I am replacing my driveline bushing, which includes the Guibo, CSB, and trans. Will do the engine later along with a rear suspension refresh with subframe reinforcements. I want an OEM to feel in the car with a slight performance increase in the suspension (don't we all). Which brand...
  9. E46 General
    Looking at an 01 330i which was affected by the airbag recall, however the airbag light is still on. Seller says it might be a bad censor however it's suspicious that it was recalled but the light is still on. Also requires some force to get into second or third gear which seller also says is...
  10. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello! :hi: I recently installed new polyurethane bushings on my car and uncovered a different problem! :blah: Front shocks are completely shot. I will eventually be needing rear shocks but they are not as bad. Mechanic said that front shocks/struts are 1st priority. I received an estimate...
  11. Suspension, Brakes
    This is going to be a quick review of Condor Speed Shop's UHMW offset front control arm bushing. Thought I'd do a write up since I haven't found one yet. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of what I did so you'll just have to bear with me. The bushing consists of a UHMW polyethylene...
  12. E46 General
    Hey guys, I'm back with another thread. I thought I could figure out my issue without the threads, but my suspect failed part (CSB) doesn’t match others symptoms. I can’t find any threads that describe some of the symptoms I have. I’m sure if I knew the failing part I could find answers easier...
  13. Suspension, Brakes
    Ok I know 9/10 of you are wondering why there is yet another post on a rear end clunk. Well I have actually read many many threads on this and I'm still out of ideas. BACKGROUND: 2001 BMW 330Ci There IS a diff cluck and I do need to change those bushings. However, this can easily be...
  14. Suspension, Brakes
    I apologize in advance if someone has already posed this same question, but i was unable to find the answer. I have a 2002 325ci that just ticked over to 130,000 mi, with the sport suspension. It behaves normally on flat surfaces, but when I hit a curb cut in a weird, drive on a rough...
  15. E46 General
    So I have replaced my control arm bushings to stop the tramlining issues. However it still is all over the place. And makes a loud clunk/thud when spiking the brakes and messes with steering input or when hitting bumps. Is there a easy way to check the other small bushings on the control arms...
  16. E46 XI
    Does anyone know where I can get rear backing plates for both the driver and the passenger side for a 2001 bmw 330 xi?
  17. E46 General
    I have play in my Control Arm Bushings and the steering wheel has slight vibration at high speeds. Could this be causing the slight vibration. Just changed front rotors, both control arms and drive axle.
  18. Suspension, Brakes
    I have a 2001 325cic with 55,000 miles. I have some steering wheel shimmy that has come on recently. Car steers straight and rides good, new tires and alignment 1 year ago. No noises or pulls. Noticed that there is play in the LCA bushing. My question is should I replace just the bushings or...
  19. Suspension, Brakes
    ECS has a kit with (Meyle) Control Arms and Brackets for $374.95 and a "Genuine" BMW kit for $608.95; Bushings with brackets are only $91.27/$155.11; and just bushings are $45/$86. Since I am doing **tons** of differed maintenance both mechanical and cosmetic, how do I know if my control...
1-19 of 41 Results