E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 77 Results
  1. Other BMW Models
    Max here. Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an 05’ z4 with m50 manifold, catless headers, sap delete and a couple other bits and bobs. I installed a tune from chaoscalibrations but there was a lingering secondary air code that I can’t get rid of. The tuner has not been responding to...
  2. E46 General
    hello guys, my problem started with an unresponsive precat o2 sensor (b1s1 @ 0.42v). i looked at the female part of the cable and discovered that it had previously been spliced and covered over. i got new wires and spliced them in and it finally showed that the o2 sensor was operational, but i...
  3. Engine Swaps
    So I currently have a 2002 E46 318I coupe and want to swap the engine with 330i however I see that the ECU is completely different (as others said was plug and play) The 330i has a Seimens MS43 My 318i has a Bosch DME 7532788 My question is how do I do the engine swap with all the wiring if...
  4. UK
    Purchased a e46 320 se diesel coupe 04, Few days of starting perfect, then began to have the fuel pump fail to engage. Have changed pressure sensor, relay, fuse box, fuel pump. All no avail, seems to start when left and not drove for a period of time. On multi meter fuel pumps getting no power...
  5. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hey there, I am confused. I read like every thread I could find in regard to the Bosch BMS46 ECU, that is used for my M43B19 engine in the E46 316i with 105hp. I read all about KessV2, Galletto or MSSFlasher and other programs, but what do I really need to partially read this ECU? I already...
  6. Engine Swaps
    My son's 2006 X3 engine finally let go. It was on borrowed time from a previous head gasket replacement but that's another story. Anyway, I happen to have a 2.5 M54 engine sitting in the garage from a 2004 E46, again another story. So I swapped the 3.0 out to the junkyard and installed the 2.5...
  7. E46 General
    Hello, Posting in hopes that maybe someone can help, i have an 02 bmw 330ci with numerous codes. some related but mostly not i think. Around 30-40 miles per hour the car (while pressing the gas) seems to to not accelerate for like a second before coming back. any ideas on what could be going...
  8. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hey there, maybe I just oversaw it or didn't use the search function right. But can someone please help me getting into ECU mapping? I saw tons of tools for almost every engine out there, but here I come with my 2001 E46, the 1.9l 316i (105hp) engine and the BMS46 ECU and have no idea where to...
  9. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello all, i am slowly starting to tune my car after all the maintence ive done on it and have come up with a list of what to mainly do. Cosmo cold air intake catless headers 3.46 diff muffler delete and a tune to top it off My dilema is that i have no clue what tune to get because alot of...
  10. E46 General
    Hello guys, It’s me again. On ‘00 323i I recently bought I’ll have to replace whole lock system because old owner locked his keys inside the car and had to break the lock to get inside so I decided buying whole new lock system. First question: I got ECU, EWS Immobiliser, Drivers Door lock...
  11. E46 General
    Hello, I have a BMW 320i with the M54B22 engine with a manual transmission and it is my first ever project car. It has been running perfect ever since I got it and started every time without any issues. Until recently and now it won't start at all. I'll write my issue as detailed as possible and...
  12. E46 General
    Got into a noob problem, I bought an engine and the guy gave me two ECU’S he told me which ECU pairs with the engine but now I forgot, is there any other way I can identify which computer belongs to the engine?
  13. Engine Swaps
    I have an e46 sedan 2001 manual. Bevakar of a paper napkin getting past the oil filter my old engine was running dry which led to me swapping it to an m52tu, but keeping the m54 intake manifold, and basically everything but the block and top. After some minor misfortunes and setbacks, we finally...
  14. Forced Induction
    Currently I want more power from my car since it is awd and has so much potential for putting down more power. I did a little bit of research and found out that getting more power while naturally aspirated is just too expensive per hour gained compared to forced induction. My main question is...
  15. Other BMW Models
    Greetings, currently dealing with a no spark condition on an M54 Engine, I've fitted a new crank sensor, tested and proven to work as intended. (Voltage Tested Signal Wire) My attention is now drawn to the ECU (and possibly EWS). I'm looking to test the pins on connector port x60005 of the ECU...
  16. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I have a E46 320d (M47TUD) which I am going to tune, the company offering the tune requires me to download the cars ECU myself, which I don't really know how to do. I have a K+Dcan cable and inpa + ncs expert, but I'm guessing I will need some other tool to download it? Could anyone point me...
  17. E46 General
    Hello, I decided to post here, because I have been to multiple repair shops and every single one of them refuses to look deeper into this issue that I have. I figured maybe somebody else had the exact same problem and had it fixed somehow. The thing is I have a 2002 E46 330d 135kw and it has a...
  18. Lighting
    How would i fix this somehow car wont start cause I cut it by doing the angel eyes installation. Any clue?
  19. E46 General
    So i tried doing it to the ignition last time cut the wire and it ended up cutting the wire and destroying my battery which i ended up paying like 550 in fixing it. How else can i make it work without the ignition wire.
  20. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I just want to state, I am getting nothing from this, I just wanted to help any E46 guys if they are looking for a tune. Where do I start, So far, I think it is great! I mean you can't expect a lot from tuning an N/A car, but I can definitely feel a difference (I went with Stage 2...
1-20 of 77 Results