E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 70 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello guys, I have a question. So recently I came upon a video about converting a pre-facelift 323 to full obd2. All data was readable from the 16 pin connector under the steering wheel. I have a 1999 320ci and want to do the same mod, but firstly I want toget confirmation that it's legit and I...
  2. E46 General
    Hello guys, First I want to apologize if I missed forum section because I’m new here. Recently I bought ‘00 323i with Automatic transmission that works really well, but the thing is I want to swap it to 6 speed manual if possible. Is there any 6 speed transmission for my model of E46 or I’ll...
  3. E46 General
    Expansion Tank Mounting Bracket - E46 - Manual Trans Dear anyone willing to help, I recently replaced my expansion tank mounting bracket and when I went to go fill up my car with coolant it started leaking out of the nipple highlighted above. When I compared the new part to the old this nipple...
  4. E46 General
    Just wanted to post some pictures of my recent project. I found an M56 valve cover at the junkyard for $12. I sent it to a local welder and had the oil neck moved and two AN fitting welded on. I just finished painting it and I think it came out great. Have new OEM coils and am going to pick up...
  5. E46 General
    Hi Everyone! I really need your help. So i bought that e46 323i some weeks ago. It was a diesel car which the previous owner converted to petrol. My issue is that the car consumes so much fuel. It averages 20km/100L around 11MPG The engine is a 6cyl M54b22. The car stinks unburnt fuel inside...
  6. E46 General
    Today i did my Valve cover gasket. The job was easy until it came the time of taking the cover itself off. The 20 year plastic was so brittle that broke right away, sending pieces all over the head. I did my best cleaning up the mess with a rag, pliers and vacuum. I will add this as a bonus...
  7. E46 General
    Hi guys. So yesterday i went to my local tuning place and asked to take some dyno pulls. The car is completely stock, and has 130k miles on the clock and almost 20 years (dic 99') After a first failed round, the second one gave me this graph at the wheels: 147 HP and 152 ft.lbs. What do...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone. After four years behind the wheel of a cute fiat punto i decided to get my hands on a fully stock 323ci that i found in my town for a really good price (Cars are expensive here in Spain Yikes!) . I'm a student so I don't have much money for mods (but more than enough for well...
  9. E46 General
    Hello I am new to this forum but recently I found an E46 323ci and I would like to buy it. BMW rad 3 Coupé 323 Ci (E46) Here is the link but since I am from Slovakia it is obviously in Slovak language. It has 200 000 miles. And anything that you need to know I can translate. It looks fine to me...
  10. E46 General
    so i just bought a bmw e46 323ci from 1999 imported from Belgium and it did not come with cruise control i have read a little about it and from what i can find you only need to replace the steering wheel with one from a car that had cruise control is it really true that the wiring is already...
  11. E46 General
    Hi All, I'm new to E46 ownership, I picked up a 2000 323ci with 83k a few weeks ago. The car has good service history but hasn't been driven much at all since 2007 (about 2-3k miles a year) I've noticed that when the engine is warm there is white smoke coming from the exhaust, it's only very...
  12. Electronics
    Hey guys, so recently my speakers have been messing up in my 323. On the drivers door the sound usually won't play through it unless I turn up the volume really loud and even then it'll still cut out when I'm taking hard left turns. Also the sound will get static and scratchiness when driving...
  13. E46 General
    Hello Guys I've been using this site for years for all my problem solving etc. Its finally come to the point were I'm facing a new problem. I've just done the m54b30 manifold swap into my m52tu, all went well pretty straight forward. On start up for the first time I had a rough idle and vacuum...
  14. DIY Guides
    Back story/ diagnosis - So a month ago my battery/charging system light went on in my 2000 328i. I just happened to have a spare voltage regulator from an old parts car, so I took the alternator and both voltage regulators to Autozone. Current alternator and voltage regulator - fail Current...
  15. E46 General
    I recently bought my 2000 323Ci from a mickey mouse self titled mechanic and I have been fixing it back to its original glory since all he did was use electrical tape and super glue for everything. Today was the first time I drove it in the rain and the transmission started flunking on me. The...
  16. E46 Showroom
    First real snow in Sweden came at Christmas eve and what does not suit better then go out and do some snow drifting, Car Bmw 323ci Shoots taken with a sony rx100mk3 Video_a_
  17. E46 General
    Bought my first BMW (323ci) last weekend, fantastic looking car! *I searched the forum for posts like this but couldn't find anything that had this amount of issues in one post, so I hope its all OK. I was driving it home after picking it up from and span it at low speed (20/25mph) coming...
  18. E46 General
    This will be my first DIY project! I need a bit of help. I did find a couple of guides but they weren't very helpful in removing the old alternator and installing a new one. If possible, can someone give me directions or point me in the direction of a guide with pics on the removal\installation...
  19. E46 Showroom
    Made this video one night with my friend. We spent about 3 hours gathering the shots and in the edit I set it to "Nightcall" by Kavinski. You may recognize the song from the movie "Drive" as that film was our inspiration for this. The shots aren't perfect but its the best we could make it look...
1-19 of 70 Results