E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 270 Results
  1. Suspension, Brakes
    So, I own a 2001 325I Wagon. I was having a little bit too much fun on the snow we got this year and completely destroyed my shock in the right rear. I mean every last bit of the hydraulic fluid is outside of the shock lol. So, my question is, what would y'all recommend for performance...
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys, so I have a 2006 325ci that I recently bought and the both rear shock absorbers are completely out. I tried getting the part number from them but there was nothing, my guess is they have been replaced. But I'm pretty sure it has sports suspension. I wanted to know would these be...
  3. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    After doing my b30 and 6 speed swap I developed a major hum/vibration from the rear of the car. It is most noticeable when decelerating in or out of gear (no difference in sound). I have a new CSB and guibo on the install. New transmission mounts. I had to remove the bracket under the...
  4. E46 General
    Hey everyone! My car has sport suspension package. Since I've bought it (1.5 years ago) - it's always been a little lower on the right-rear side than left-rear. And if I look at the car directly from the back - I can clearly see it being tilted a little to the right. Measuring from the ground...
  5. E46 General
    Hey everyone. I recently bought a 2001 325i, and so far it has been treating me amazing (execpt an oil leak, but that’s not important to the topic). One problem that I did want to fix was the alignment. But when I took it to a shop they said they couldn’t align the tires because a “rear right...
  6. E46 General
    Title is the question. 2004 330ci ZHP looking to replace my shocks/struts. I know I’ll need strut/shock mounts, new bump stops, spring pads, typical wear items. I’m more interested in knowing what hardware can I reuse from the current stock set up? I was looking at the strut/shock kits that...
  7. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello, I have to replace the front Arms and Ball Joint ( Ball is the only broken part), the problem is only on the left, but I'm told that I should replace both L and R Wishing to resolve the problem without spending so much money, unfortunately 1) may you advice some aftermarket parts, or...
  8. Suspension, Brakes
    I have recently purchased (3 weeks ago) an 04 320td Compact Sport, had a fresh MOT with no advisorys, 112.7k. How it had no advisorys I will never know. The clutch is making a grinding/vibrating noise when half depressed, and the car "kangaroo's" at part throttle when cruising at about 40mph...
  9. E46 General
    See pics here: I've stripped the top of my (brand new) FCA, and I need to take off the brake backing thing as I put a 318i one on like an idiot, so I can't just leave it on. Really don't fancy buying an entirely new control arm as it's new, so am I able to like JB weld a sacrificial hex key...
  10. E46 General
    Hello there, I finally got my dream car after months of working and with the help of my dad so I have some money for maintenance. Its a white 2001 BMW 330i that has 135000 miles on it but the owner was a really nice guy and I still talk to him. Anyway, I noticed the back is lower a bit and it...
  11. E46 General
    Hi guys, I am needing to buy new front springs, since I’ve noticed a big crack forming on the both of them. I’ve decided to just replace all of my springs, not just the front ones. I have been browsing for springs, and I do not know whether my car has sport suspension or not. Last year I...
  12. E46 General
    So i just bought my 2001 325xi sport package, and while looking at the suspension I found this broken link connected to the front right control arm. I am having a hard time finding out what it’s purpose is, and where I can find a replacement part. At first, I thought it was a ride height sensor...
  13. Suspension, Brakes
    Just bought a 325ci E46 about a month or two ago. I’ve been searching for some coilovers and I’m really not wanting to spend over 1k for a set. But I’ve seen some xi coilovers brand new for dirt cheap. Can I fit xi coilovers onto a 325ci? OR would a E39 coilovers fit? I knew the back ones would...
  14. E46 General
    '01 330CI 40k miles Symptoms: Car has light but noticeable shaking when hitting bumps or going over 60MPH. Seems to be speed dependent, no change when hitting the brakes or steering. Vibration comes through the steering wheel, very slight left to right shake. When hitting bumps it feels as...
  15. E46 General
    Hi guys, Recently I changed my FCABs and with less than 500 miles I put the car on jacks again to do a brake job and found one of the FCAB like this: The car does not have a significant difference in driveability but i'm more concerned with the safety of the bushing... has anyone seen this...
  16. E46 General
    Hey guys I drive a '99 323 with sport suspension Yesterday I hit a pothole, and now my alignment seems to be off. I need to turn the wheel a solid 15 degrees to go straight. Both sides of the road. I have checked all 4 corners on the car and none of the wheels have play, jacked up or under...
  17. E46 XI
    I've been looking around on the internet for a few weeks trying to find a solution to lowering my car that doesnt cost me an arm and a leg. Being that I have an XI model the only options I feel I have would be lowering springs as coilovers are going for $750+ for the AWD models. I dont want to...
  18. Suspension, Brakes
    Stuck between BC and HSD coil overs for my 330ci. Looking for a slightly stiffer ride then stock. What’s your opinions on them and what’s the best spring rates? Thanks
  19. Suspension, Brakes
    Hi guys, I know the suspension issue has been discussed to death and there are great resources in this forum. However, it seems like all the everyone else wants to lower or has sports suspension. There isn't much info for someone with standard suspension who just wants to change the springs. On...
  20. E46 General
    So I hit a curb pretty hard while turning like an idiot. I need help with listing everything I’m gonna need to fix this. Thank you everyone :/ if more pictures are needed I’ll post them. This is it (strut/spring suspension was added after this picture with a tie rod that connects from the strut...
1-20 of 270 Results