E46Fanatics - View Single Post - 135i Brakes on a 330i
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
Sankekur

My Ride: 2004 330i
Crap, sorry for not replying guys.....

-Yup if was the style 68's that interfered with the callipers if the calliper was just a little bit more to the inside of the car or the offset of the wheels a little more to the outside it would have worked no problems (like 1 mm)

-I have not experienced any problems so far with the pads overlapping the discs a bit, this includes a couple of time braking from 200+ km/h, though I would think with sustained punishment this is not a good idea, but I am not putting the car on the track so I don't think it is a problem.

-Mounting brackets are the standard ones that came with the callipers.

-I first mounted them on the OEM discs just to test the concept and to see if everything is working, then the next day I got a set of new discs. This was only because the old discs had a bit of a ridge in them so this ridge was wearing into the pads.

Though I am still looking to source a set of bigger discs so that there is no overlap, but have not had much luck so far.

Hope I answered everything

[hr]
Edit: Don't think I posted this here:
Fitment of the rear callipers:

The big problem is the discs, the offset of the rotor is just to far to the outside of the car for proper fitment to be possible, but have a possible lead on OEM discs that might just work, just need to get some used ones to test fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sankekur; 03-25-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Sankekur is offline   Reply With Quote