E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Replaced lower control arms, ball joints, bushings....
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
the fly

My Ride: '95 m3, '03 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77'911 View Post
I'm going to see how these wear. Since I now have an extra set of lollipop brackets, I might prep them for urethane on the next go-round. My experience, is, the factory stuff tends to last much longer. I used a 20 Ton Arcan shop press which was adequate.
Regards
The statement about factory stuff lasting much longer is true for FCABs across most BMWs. However, the XI units are fluid filled unlike the solid rubber used in the FCABs for other variants. That means there's less rubber to resist deflection and it wears much quicker.

PM me if you're interested in selling your lollipops. I do an FCAB pre-pressing service for forum folks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the fly is offline   Reply With Quote