E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Top 10 E46 Failures - Parts you MUST replace (Mango Starter Pack)
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 02:18 AM   #10
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate158 View Post
Maybe not a catastrophic failure item, but it seems like the valve cover gaskets should be pretty high on the list too.
It's up there. Maybe #11? But doesn't quite work with the top 10 thing. People can deal with some oily engines. Their engines will be oily anyway from all the other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingon300k View Post
I might have, but I just changed everything out with INA. I even screwed up and ordered the whole hydraulic tensioner assembly instead of just the hydraulic and the pulley. So all the pulleys/belts/tensioners are new. All OEM Conti/INA.

Do you prefer the Dayco AC belt tensioner to the INA as well? Is INA no good, in your opinion?

I'm asking overall because I'm helping another member, locally, with a parts list, and I recommended all INA for these.

(Thanks for the post, by the way!)
No problem. They're all good. INA just came out with that stand-alone AC belt tensioner I think so really. Brand isn't a big deal. Just get them swapped out with whatever! All good in my book!

My personal preference is Meyle though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

-
-