E46Fanatics - View Single Post - JJR Food Thread
Thread: JJR Food Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 09:47 PM   #18
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
So decided at the market I wanted to make something different today, however... this typical dish would have needed overnight prepping (soaking beans and brining chicken)

Smoked chicken (shredded) and mixed with pancetta-rosemary braised navy beans. Took 3 hours. By far the easiest and tastiest dish I've made in a long time. Literally decided at the market today to do this, so don't criticize the lack of prep work.

Chicken on the smoker, unseasoned, unbrined, nothing but a sprinkle of spice rub. Smoked for 2.5 hours (boneless skinless chicken breast)

I put everything in a large non-stick pot as it was ready

2 thick slices of pancetta, cubed
3 mixed color carrots, diced
1 celery stalk sliced fine
2 small yellow onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves sliced

Browned in the pot, rinsed the beans, yep... no soaking needed, added the beans once everything in the pot was nicely browned, added 1.5 cups of beef broth, 5 cups of water, and 4 rosemary sprigs. Bring to a boil then simmer and leave the lid a little bit open, stir often, keep a simmer for about 2 hours and your beans will be almost cooked, most liquid should be gone by this time. Took the chicken off the smoker and shredded it with a hand mixer. Yes, the same mixer you'd use to mix cake batter. Works amazing.

Mixed the chicken in, added more stock/water as I saw fit, and viola. Pics look crappy but its delicious.

Few take aways- Definitely would have picked up chicken that was not skinless, also would have brined overnight obviously. Had about 5lb of chicken (to 1lb of beans) and I think the perfect ratio would have been one less piece of chicken. Oh well, I was going for a heavy protein dish anyways. Next time, cubing the pancetta bigger

Beans braising

Chicken mixed in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote