Passenger Side Rear Panel Before:

After:

Driver Side Rear Panel Before:

After:

Passenger Door Panel Before:

After:

Driver Door Panel Before:

After:

That wire sticking out is from the AUX jack that I use for my iPod. I wired it to come out of the ashtray instead of the glovebox so I can control my iPod.
I roll the wire up into the ashtray when i'm not using it.

I sprayed about 4 coats for each piece. This is all I used to paint the door panels and rear deck:

There's still a bunch of stuff I have to paint black, like the seatbacks, and those 2 things that are on the rear panels close to the headrests among other things. I also plan on painting the wood trim Gloss Black.
Next, I changed out the 2 front speakers. One of them was busted. I changed them to the Pioneer TS-A1682R's.

Lastly I did the Sharpie mod:

Everything was pretty easy thanks to all the DIY's on this site

See less See more
#9 ·
thanks. yea i know. i plan on spraying the wood gloss black. i'll probably spray it next week or so.

did it spray on evenly on the vinyl or leather or whatever the door panel is made of? thats the stuff i used for my trunk carpet lol
thanks. yea it sprayed on evenly. plus it dries quick. i think within about 5-10 mins it was dry. but i usually waited about a half hour before i sprayed on another coat. it's supposed to be cool to use on the seats too. i was thinking of spraying the sides black and leave the middle grey. but i don't want that sh!t rubbing off on my clothes.

#17 ·
Nice job Jay! Don't be intimidated about taking apart the spring loaded piece next to the convertible lid to paint that too! It looks more complicated than it is. You can remove it but taking the rear panels out again, just a couple torx screws if I remember.

#21 ·
thanks everyone. i'm gonna spray the wood trim tomorrow. i think i'm gonna go with matte black instead of gloss black.

Jason, you got nice pics in your photobucket man. where was that at?

Fran, I plan on spraying that piece tomorrow as well. I forgot all about that piece until I had to put everything back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.