E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Touring owners: Who has done the Bavsound Stage 1 upgrade? (HK if you got it)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
kmfurdm

My Ride: 02 E46 M3, 04 325iT
I have them installed in my '04 Touring. It was similar to you. Sounded pretty weak and muddy with the stock speakers. HK through business CD. Avin Avant 4 going in soon. I have had the BSW's in my M3 for a long time and was happy with them. Installed them in the Touring and it brightens things up quite a bit.

Yes, of course you can do better with other speakers. But for day to day and it being basically plug and play? Sometimes it's nice to keep things simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
Seriously mulling this over. It's really not crazy expensive for the tourings, especially since you don't get the rear bass drivers. (Not included in this kit.)

Just that the sound in my 2002 E46 Touring is absolute ****. It's muddy and dull and I can barely have the stereo on.

I'm fine installing speakers in doors. Plug-n-play is a no-brainer; it just takes time.

But is it worth it for a touring, and did it matter that you weren't able to replace the rears?

This thread touches on touring rear speakers a little bit, and I could do that at some point also, but would just want to start with the BSW Stage 1 kit.

So, who's done it? Happy? Worth it? Did you do something else instead? Did you also deal with the amp, or leave it as is?

I'll hang up and listen.