E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Alignment issues.
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
Shabir

My Ride: E46 ACS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliDawg View Post
Quote:
Only change that has occurred in recent times is I had the rear wheel bearings done. And the driveshafts/axles couldn't be removed from the trailing arm. One arm actually broke trying to press out the axle!!! So the trailing arms, and axles had to be replaced. All control arms remained the same as far as I know. Didn't do the work myself.
I suspect they bent something, possibly the trailing arm. Since you didn't do the work, you don't know for sure. You'd have to have a quality suspension shop do some careful measurements to see what is wrong. The alignment folks should be able to tell you, if they're competent.

I'm suspecting the same thing, I don't think my alignment guys are that competent tbh, they can move some bolts and do a alignment that's about it aha.

Yh I was thinking I'll need to take measurements from various points and compare it to the other side. My suspicions possibly a bent mounting 'ears' on the control arms. Thought was, as the arms where second hand, when they pressed out the old bearings to fit my new ones, perhaps the 'ears' got tweaked. If not that then the upper control arm or spring perch. Visually I couldn't see anything bent. But I suppose it only needs to be off a tiny amount doesn't it.

Next time I get a chance I'll try taking measurements from various points on both sides and I'll compare. I have vague ideas in my mind for spots to measure from.
Shabir is offline   Reply With Quote