E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Meet Mia: My 2001 BMW 330Ci
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:54 PM   #20
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
My understanding is that the B30 oil nut is only really a concern if the engine sees extended periods of high revs, like with track use. No need to upgrade the pump; just safety-wire the nut. That's what I plan to do if/when I have to drop the oil pan.

I was about to be like "Just use one of the phenomenal photos at the beginning of your build thread!" but I see that you've just done that. Looks great!
I've been hanging out with the folks on the thread dedicated to this issue and it people have had the nut sheer in half. It's not just an issue of it coming loose, and we've all seen the abuse my cars get so I have to be more cautious. My car has spent probably 6 seconds at redline since I've moved here, so I'm pretty proud of that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
YoitsTmac is offline   Reply With Quote