E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Friendly warning to 1st time wheel sellers...
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #88
EuroE46 330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Re: Friendly warning to 1st time wheel sellers...

Hey everyone,

Just sharing my experience with greyhoud. Was moving back from Chicago to LA and shipped my stock rims 17" with tires, 40-45lbs each, 2 19" tires alone, plus 5 boxes with miscellaneous things from clothes to books to stock springs... weight ranging from 65-25lbs. All shipped for $180 and arrived 2 days after I did... I drove!

Also cheapest/easiest way to pack your wheels I found was to buy saran wrap from home depot, about $10 for a huge roll and hit up your local pizza/pie joint, ask for the cardboard pizza bottoms... if they're nice you can get'em free, if not kick down a couple of bucks and grab 10... XL size, already pre-cut to fit your rims (tires don't really need protection) ... pizza tray on each side of your wheel, wrap, drop off at greyhoud, and pick up at greyhound. And by pizza joint I mean your local mom&pop joint not pizza hut!

Everything arrived without issues and there were greyhound stops located within a few miles of me. I would def recommend greyhound and they don't care if your shipping rims, tires, or whatever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
EuroE46 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote