E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Please delete
Thread: Please delete
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #12
Andy325is

My Ride: 90 318is & 94 D90
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanman1029 View Post
So Iíve read this a few times too, hereís my question.

Sure it might be ďillegalĒ depending on the state, but if I dont have to do annual vehicle inspections, and I have no intentions of selling the vehicle, is there anything I really need to worry about? Does this rule/law still apply to people doing 2JZ/LS swaps?

The way I feel is, itís MY car, and I have the freedom to do whatever I want to MY car, including putting whatever engine in it that I choose.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
A lot of people share that sentiment, and Iím not saying to follow those rules if you donít want to, but I wanted to point it out in case some people arenít aware. The law is intended to help prevent people from installing engines that donít meet the emissions standards for that model year. Thatís why itís legal install newer engines into a car (assuming they are EPA compliant and match the vehicle class (e.g. light duty into light duty), but not older. The federal and state laws governing engine swaps are enforced through state inspections and emissions testing, so yeah you probably donít have anything to worry about if you donít have those where you live. Just because you can get away with doing something doesnít make it right though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy325is is offline   Reply With Quote