E46Fanatics - View Single Post - E46 330CI Individual 2005 / car prepping for smart repair #143
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #123
Dennis325Ci

My Ride: 325Ci
Year: 2001
Transmission: 5AT
I miss it only for the badge. :-P Other than that the car really is top of the line. Only God knows why the original owner did not opt for the 30i engine back in 2001.

No, I don't have a thread for it. I can throw in some pictures if you are interested.

Actually, when I bought my coupe, it wasn't nearly as perfect as it is now. The details weren't spot-on, but the basis was exceptional. For instance, the creme leather front seats were restored at one point. The option list was also very impressive. I knew that in the long run, I will be able to source all the small things that either went missing or simply broke throughout the years. Now 1,5 years and a massive Excel file later, things are pretty much done, it looks and feels like a well-kept youngtimer. Under the hood, it is rock solid. I love the M54 engine, be it cold or hot, it starts up and runs and pulls like a charm. If I was to move on, I would not have much of a choice. I'm staying away from direct injection and turbo when it comes to my hobby car. An E92 with an N52B30 would only have the chance to fill the void, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon.
Dennis325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote