E46Fanatics - View Single Post - How much do you make$$$, and how old are you?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #92
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: S2000
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
Couldn't have said it better myself. I thought that I was the idiot actually getting a college degree from UCLA while some of my friends were making $40k-$50k a year working as bartenders, servers, mechanics, etc with just High School diplomas. When I got out of UCLA back in 1997 I was making a slim $35k a year (I really questioned myself what I did wrong). However, since that time my salary has increasing at a nice steady pace. Before I quit my job in August of 2004 to go to B-school full-time I was making about $80k total comp.

Now, I just turned 30 and make about $110k-$120k (depending on the bonus) with full benefits. I see this as the start on the compensation latter and expect to be making $200k within the next 5-7 years. BTW, I work for a large bank doing commercial real estate financing. Education may not payoff in the short term, but it definately does over the intermediate and long term.
Moreover, what is your position at the loan center? I was thinking of going into the same career as you.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote