E46Fanatics - View Single Post - ***The Official M56 SULEV Warranty Documents, Check-in, and Questions Thread***
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
briangl92

My Ride: VQ37VHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmbr View Post
Just checking in here. My SULEV is an 04 with 98,000 and no specific issues. Might have one as the O2 sensors are 5 wire wide band and specific to the SULEV because of the connector. I have two pre cat codes and a surging in the final gear after 2500 rpm. I ordered the replacement pre cat sensor and will put it on this weekend. Already have completed the VANOS and maintenance issues. I'm interested in the tune you had done and the results.
The entire emissions system should be under warranty. Which would theoretically include the O2 sensors. The problem is that a lot of people with warranty claim issues on the SULEVs are stonewalled by the dealers, who tell them they'll have to return to the original state where it was purchased. Makes no sense since BMWNA is the one paying out on warranty claims.

In theory there should be an M56 specific part number. I have surging too above ~2300 rpm, to a certain extent. No codes or anything so I'm attributing it to the VANOS kicking in. No other explanation that I could find. I do have an injector that's running a little louder than the rest, but again, no codes and it seems to be running fine.

The link for my review of the tune is in my sig.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote