E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Suspension Refresh Guide. Information w/ complete parts list.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #55
Mango
E46Mango.com

My Ride: Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
No, the Meyles don't look bad at all! I would hesitate to replace with a "generic" part one of the few ZHP pieces that is actually different, compared to how much is supposed to be. Secondly, the steering feel is certainly different (imo) in the zhp, so whether or not the rack is different, I bet the CAs have something to do with the steering feel.

Copy and paste it or don't- that's fine. I'm sure I'm right. The only questionable area is 04/01-09/01.

I was considering getting a shock dyno of some working stock shocks (sport pre and post 01) and koni's that I have, but then I was told I'm weird for considering that.

Did you know about the M Tech shocks made for 5 months? I sure as hell didn't (until another member told me so recently).
For all intents and purposes, Meyle arms=ZHP arms=///M3 arms are all identical in that they have solid balljoints. There would be no difference in steering feel. if anything, they meyles would feel better/more direct since they have stiffer control arm bushings.

I already squashed this to death in another thread with the help of someone else. even the non-M nylon inner balljoint arm has the same casting as the ZHP arm. only the inner balljoint differs.

moral of the story=there's absolutely no magic to the zhp arms over any other all-metal arm like Meyle.

i'll edit the part#s soon. it really gives me a headache looking at all those #s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote