E46Fanatics - View Single Post - 8th Group Buy for Eonon GM5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with Screen Mirroring + D5150 Car GPS
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:48 AM   #63
Av3ngeme

My Ride: 323i
Received my unit about a week after the order was placed, which is pretty good considering it even sat at customs for a day....really good shipping times. I installed it, fairly easy and straightforward although getting the damn thing in the dash all the way took 80% of the install time...holy crap there's no room back there at all, I had to remove the iPod adapter to get it in (never got a 90deg one, just the straight one that sticks out) The interface is good, the unit is fairly responsive and overall I'm impressed. Though because there is always room for improvement I do have only a few suggestions that could make it even better.

We all know the radio reception sucks, I'm not using the Eonon radio adaptor I'm using the one that I was using with an aftermarket single DIN kenwood deck...still sucks. But the radio interface could use an update. I really don't think that a selection of 6 frequencies or however many it was needs to be that prominently displayed while the tagging of the radio station and the song it's playing is stuck in a space that's barely an inch wide and has to continually scroll. This REALLY needs to be modernized, you need to have a the name of the station that's playing and the song currently playing more prominent and on two lines. Also the ability to label frequencies to station names should be implemented as well IE: Let me rename 88.50 to Live 88.5

Overall the unit is excellent, decent sound and lots of options. I'm waiting for my reverse camera to come in that I got on your facebook promotion, for only $20 to ship a free camera that was a hell of a deal. Just really concentrate on working on that radio interface

An example of something that's not too flashy but seems to have the correct things the correct size and position is the ford mytouch radio interface as seen in the attachement.

I'm really enjoying the unit though, the screen mirroring is friggen awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cropped_screen_for_hd_radio.com__1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	579326  
Av3ngeme is offline   Reply With Quote