View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #65
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
bump.

ok, so everything went magically.

UNTIL i reinstalled everything. It all ran well....opened and closed just about perfectly (i replaced various corroded clips)

the only thing that will not work is when i shut it, it will not level to the appropriate roof height!

so naturally i followed step #5 in this tut. and it told me this was a common problem that can be solved by adjusting the motor.

after about LITERALLY 2 hours, no only does it not work, but its gotten worse than it was when i ****ing started

can someone please let me know what i actually am supposed to do??!?!?!?!?

currently, the motor now starts to drag and slow down to the point where im concerned it will break. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN WHEN I BEGAN

what is going on>!
Posting in here because I'll probably need to do this on the wife's car soon.

To answer your question, I believe that when you fasten the last three torx bolts on either side, they do not go directly into a straight hole, but can be adjusted to raise or lower the actual glass... maybe I read that from Delmarco somewhere? it was in another DIY for this same thing awhile back... I am pretty sure it was Delmarco, PM him..

no clue what you did to your motor, lol.

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote