E46Fanatics - View Single Post - LSD worth it?
Thread: LSD worth it?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
Weste46

My Ride: Has 280k mi.
Year: 2001
Model: 330ci
Transmission: ZF320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude8383 View Post
Understeer and oversteer all kinda happen depending on how you're entering a corner. If you're understeering in the E46 you might be entering corners a bit too hot or you need to mess with tire pressures more. That probably isn't all of it either... these are pretty well balanced cars. What kind of track stuff are you doing?
It's a track day, running Intermediate with SCCA. Putnam Park in Indiana. I usually enter with no tire squeal and just add a little throttle until I start to hear the front tires, and then floor it off the apex. Not exactly the fastest approach, but again my car never oversteers. Square 245's, F: 7.5k, R:10k springs, 2.2 camber front, 1.9 rear. I'll be adding more front camber next time, maybe the car will balance out.

Once I floor it off an apex, I've only once had inside wheel peel. I don't have aftermarket bars, so this helps with putting power down. I am usually one of the faster cars in my run group, so I'm definitely pushing the car. I had to point by one driver last time, only after getting into fuel starve issues.

Maybe I should get a helical, being that this car isn't a full track car. Helicals don't add understeer like clutch type do, and still give you some lock. They also don't need serviced like clutch type do. I'm looking at MFactory diffs.

Sent from my XT1080 using E46Fanatics mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Suspension: Fortune Auto 500 10k/14k, TMS ARB's, Meyle FCA's, 95A FCA, 75D subframe, 95A RTA, 95A RUICA
Drivetrain: LTW FW, MFactory helical LSD, S65 mounts, 95A 5sp, 88A diff, I/H/E, open-loop EU2 tune
Brakes: Hawk DTC60/StopTech309, ECS front lines, DIY ducts
Interior: Corbeau FX1 Pro & CR1, Jaffster knob, suede wheel
Exterior: Custom CF sunroof delete
Wheels: 17x8.5 M68, 245 RS3
Weste46 is offline   Reply With Quote