E46Fanatics - View Single Post - A Comprehensive Guide to Aftermarket Suspension Setups.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #228
BuzzBomb

My Ride: e28 B9, e46 325iT
Year and body style: 2003 325 Sport Wagon w/ 162k
Setup being rated: Ground Control coilover conversion kit using 380#F and 435#R springs, KONI yellows F & R, IE camber plates, Powerflex LCABs, stock sway bars w/ adjustable sway bar links, adjustable rear lower control arms, New Lemforder bushings throughout, including new strut bearings and F control arms.
Adjustment ability: Shocks/struts and sway bar links.
Tires: 18" 9s & 10s, 225/40, 255/35 (important to add, since it has a lot to do with a suspension setup and handling)
Preferred ride style: Firm but still a comfortable ride.
Would you recommend this setup? Yes.
Price paid, including installation (if applicable): A stack of receipts. Install was DIY
Ride comfort: 8
Handling: 8, which is good for a heavy car like a Touring.

I got the car with the stock Sport springs and the Konis. I actually like this setup. I decided to put H&R Sport springs on with the Konis, and hated it. Too low and too bouncy. Even with the camber plates and late strut bearings which add an inch to the ride height, still really low in front. I finally found the GC coil over kit cheap on craigslist and jumped on that. That is the setup I have now and I really like it.

Last edited by BuzzBomb; 04-08-2018 at 04:25 PM.
BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote