View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #23
jfoj
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 330CiC, M5, X5, E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCruise View Post
Now I KNOW I do not understand!

I got the amber trio a few times yesterday, so last night I decided I would take a look at my connectors at the DME and at the exhaust cam position sensor...

DRY. Dry as a bone. Both of them.

Interesting.
A few things, are you tracking/Logging the codes you are getting. EVERY time the SES or other error lights come on you need to read codes, get Freeze Frame data and SAVE the info with the Date and Mileage. This is critical so you can build the story about what is going on.

While you may have found the connections "Bone Dry" this does not tell the entire story. The DME could have oil contamination INSIDE. While not likely the oil could have traveled to the pedal position sensors connector or throttle position sensor or the throttle motor. Careful inspection of these other connectors is suggested.

Given you may have ongoing problem, you may need to get the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 software and cable so you can look closer at the ABS and Throttle control system. This would allow you to see any errors related to the ABS and Throttle control system.

Fuel pump failures -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Temp Info -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temp, Fuel Level -

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info -

Lower hose temp switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote