E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Here's What Suspension to Buy.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #246
BMannyW

My Ride: 325ixt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_y82 View Post
I agree with Mariner; it sounds like they should rectify the spring situation and realign at no cost, assuming you paid for an alignment already.

If you have the car up, with the wheel on, see if there seems to be play... could be the balljoint(s) on the control arm... How do the boots look?

I would contact Eibach about cutting the stops... I think the PO of my car said the H&Rs came with directions to cut some off the front stops... You might be able to find that info on this site.

That stuff about the rear seems wonky since you just did work back there and I assume everything looked okay... If everything is right you should obviously not need a spacer and that sounds concerning! Not sure what you tell you other than good luck!
thank for the reply!!

Aha!!! figured out why the one rear wheel was poking out more than the other...drum roll please... ah fak..i was sold 3 front wheels and one rear wheel... yup..Style 164 are Et 25 vs Et 41.. so I need to buy a 15mm wheel spacer and longer bolts. The wheel face profile is the same, the meat is behind the wheel. So that's why it was not so obvious (and why the used car dealer was happy to let them go for $400 with good rubber come to think of it!! lol.) when i put on the wheels.. i put the fronts on first and the remaining wheels i did not bother to check the offset assuming they were both rears.

I did add the 15mm spring spacers (so that's 2x15mm spring pads stacked for those keeping track!) and cut the front bumper stops .75" in an effort to even out the front and rear wheel well gap. As you can see.. it's not even yet ( i can live with it! ) but better than PO set up.

After, Eibach/Bilsteins HD front with bumpers cut .75" and Eibach E36 M3 Rears with 15mm spring spacers:

before, stock rears on two broken springs and HD upfront:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new springs.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	746254   Click image for larger version

Name:	before springs.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	746256  
1988 M6 hot and heavy (5yrs)
2002 325ixt responsible choice (present DD)

Last edited by BMannyW; 06-13-2018 at 08:02 AM.
BMannyW is offline   Reply With Quote