E46Fanatics - View Single Post - who's got the highest mileage on their e46?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #96
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan
akhbhaat, congrats on getting your license back, awesome loophole, i must say. but i have to ask if i may, how did you put that much mileage on a car in such a short span?? the most i've ever done is 30k miles/ year.
Actually it's I that almost lost my license. (and trust me, I am neither bragging about that nor am I bragging about the # of miles I have).

You called it a "loophole". I don't know if that is a good way to describe it, because it makes a whole lot of sense. I mean no one drives the speed limit. Right? But with me driving 4 to five times the amount of miles as the avg driver, my odds of getting caught are just as many times higher than those of the avg driver.
You asked me how I managed to put that many miles on my '04. Well, I am a Regional Rep for a company in Southern California. I drive about 70 miles each way to and from work every day. I spend the mornings in the office and I'm O.T.R. (not On The Rag) "on the road" visiting different clients, offices and branches in the afternoon. My area spans over L. A. & Ventura Counties as well as part of Orange County. So in addition to the 140 miles to & from work, I may log another 150 to 200 miles a day.

What's kinda nice about that is that I get reimbursed for mileage which almost makes up for the car payment & insurance combined.

... & with five points on my license......, you can imagine what my insurance premium is like...

But hey, I bought a car so I can drive it, not so I can park it!

Last edited by Speeder; 04-14-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote