06-03-2019, 07:20 AM
Join Date: Feb 2015
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro
Hello E46 fanatics and all you other visitors passing by!
As you all know there are some nice extra functions for the MS43 available at the moment that require editing the program code section inside the 512kb file.
Also, the MS430056 software version is kind of outdated, even when talking about a 20 year old vehicle, and lacks support of some handy things, like six speed transmission.
Because of these two good reasons we want to move on to the latest software version MS430069 and also combine all the existing special functions in one solution.
So we, the MS4X dev team, decided to offer the community this new "All-In-One" solution to keep track about all those features and make further developement way easier for us
There is one major difference in concept between Daniels first release binary in 2015 and this patchlist, you can now basically create your own firmware with all the features you want!
To do this, just install Tuner Pro or Tuner Pro RT if you want to make use of the logging features and load the patchlist XDF file and of course your desired MS430069 variant from HERE.
You can apply the patches you want and save the binary file after that. Thats it, no more manually copy and pasting HEX values, just clicking and flashing.
Please excuse that the feature list will only be available at the wiki page itself, because its easier and avoids redundancy.
Important things to know:
- Only possible with the full flash file that is 512KB in size. Not compatible with KESS or other universal flashers.
- Every program code altering obviously needs checksum correction, use Ultimo Checksum Corrector, or the MS4X Flasher from the wiki that corrects the checksums on the fly. (available HERE)
- Bootmode flashing is only needed when you want to virginize the ECU and readapt it to a another EWS module. Every other feature works without bootmode flashing!
- Yes, the launch control was revised and yes there will be a ignition cut feature soon
- Unfortunately there is a bug in MSS5X flasher corrupting the checksums of your files. Please apply "[PATCH] Checksum Bypass" if your car doesn't start or "TPS adaption" error shows up.
- When coming from 430056 EWS delete, you must flash in bootmode first, read out the fresh flashed ECU with MS4X Flasher and the apply all the mods in that file.
- Chipster Flashtool for MSS5x is incompatible with most of the mods because it has a wrong checksum correction method.
Download is available at www.ms4x.net here: TunerPro MS43 Community Patchlist
If you have problems please use the following template to report in this thread:
- What car do you have?
- Any modifications done to the car? (engine, gearbox, cluster swapped, removed immo module, etc.)
- What is the actual problem, what doesnt work?
- What have you tried so far?
- Was the engine already tuned, or flashed with another software?
- If errors are present please attach pictures of all INPA error codes from DME.
- Also attach full 512K readout of the ecu when the error is present.
Credits of these functions belong to their creators and thanks fly out to Daniel_F. whos outstanding work made the E46 enthusiasts community become what it is today. Cheers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..
Last edited by sda2; 02-13-2020 at 11:58 PM.