E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Heater core coolant leaking externally?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #6
ibrahin99

My Ride: 04 bmw 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effduration View Post
Go over your work.

DO NOT use stop leak

If you used aftermarket heater pipes, they can be tricky to install without leaks. I try to use OEM pipes, but will use aftermarket pipes with OEM o-rings, which seems to work out. I also test them after install before putting intake manifold on, by hooking up all coolant pipes and hoses, install a special gutted thermostat housing I have, fill with distilled water and pressurize with <20 psi

In your case I would pressurize the cooling system - I use a compressor, but you can use a coolant pressure tester from harbor freight- and shine a light through the intake near were heater pipes enter block. check for leaks. If they are dry check the rest of your work.

I bought original “genuine” pipes to make sure they last as long as possible this area seems to be dry no stains nothing, the rest of the cooling system has been done about a year ago, hoses, radiator, water pump, thermostat etc... everything except heater core, it seems weird how all of a sudden i put a new heater valve and that leak started, my old heater valve was clogged which didnt let the coolant make its way to the heater core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibrahin99 is offline   Reply With Quote