E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Essential grocery list....
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #27
Masko

My Ride: silver coupe
Send a message via AIM to Masko
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgrogan116
Muscle Milk has Micellar Alpha and Beta Casiens and Cassienates, Whey concentrates, rich in Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract rich in Secretory IgA and IGF-1, Glutamine Peptides, L-Taurine, Lactofemin

ON has Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolates, and Whey Peptides.

Why do you think ON is better? Besides the fact that MM has fat in it, because they use MCTs which are used for building muscle.

Like I said, if you want good whey, go to trueprotein.com. Then again, I believe that your body needs different amino acid profiles than just using whey. That's why I mix my shakes with egg whites.

Anyway, to each their own. Ask 20 people how they should eat and what program they should do and you'll get 20 different answers.
Whao how did I miss all this.

Ok where to begin. Muscle milk does have Beta Casiens and other slow digesting components yes. But could you not buy a 2lb jug of cottage cheese for 2 bucks at your local supermarket and get the same effects in whole food form, instead of spending $35+ on a bottle of MM? Could you not eat eggs and meat to get the growth factors, glutamine, and taurine? Could you not add your own healthy muscle building fats to a whey shake and keep the unneccesary carbs and sugars out? Could you not consume various amino acid profiles through whole foods, which should be the majority of your diet anyways?

Ive been strict dieting for some 3+ years now and although I do get sick of eating the same things every day, I know that whole foods should be the basis of my diet. Consume nothing but shakes all day and you're seriously inhibiting your body's ability to process nutrients and absorb them. Its obvious that 100% whey doesnt go very far if your consuming nothing but that! Whey is a very poor option for a meal replacement. It should be consumed mornings and post workout only.

Getting back to Muscle Milk simply reading a bunch of long lettered words on the back of a label do not a good shake make, my friend. You mentioned it has Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, and Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract which are all sub-factions of protein. Pretty much all of which you can obtain from whole foods or a simple whey concentrate. In fact did you know that the protein content of Bovine Colostrum is 3-4 times greater than the content found in regular cows milk, and a majority of that protein is - guess what- whey protein (http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...ov_0082.shtml).

It is a well known fact the Bio-availability (your body's availability to use it) of whey is equal only to that of the protein found in eggs. Me and Bimmerchop have argued that ONs 100% whey protein is not only effective in giving you the needed amino acids that are required for muscle building, but its affordable, mixes good, tastes great, and generally contains no fat and carbs. Muscle Milk (although it has caseins, bovine extracts, and growth factors) has unneccesary fat and calories that a person who is on a strict diet cannot afford to consume.

Sure for the average joe who wants to put on some mass or who is bulking can down a MM shake (personally I think they taste awesome) but lgrogan116, it seems like you know your stuff and are experienced in diet and nutrition, a diet should be a well contructed and thought out plan. Muscle Milk is like a premixed combo shake that doesnt really attend to any specific diet, unless its an 'eat what you like' diet.

I could never even comprehend someone getting to their full potential drinking just shakes and not consuming whole foods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Masko is offline   Reply With Quote