E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Here's What Suspension to Buy.
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 AM   #245
mr_y82

My Ride: 01 325xi Sedan
I agree with Mariner; it sounds like they should rectify the spring situation and realign at no cost, assuming you paid for an alignment already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMannyW View Post
i pulled the right front wheel off and noticed some play in the hub. Bearing?
If you have the car up, with the wheel on, see if there seems to be play... could be the balljoint(s) on the control arm... How do the boots look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMannyW View Post
Is it possible the front is riding high because of the original shock bumper is too tall with a lowering spring? Was thinking of cutting 1" out of them? (Shocks are Bilstein HD on Eibach Springs)

Also, noticed my rear is not level and one side is tucked in more than the other. The right side is lower by a full inch compare to left side. I just ordered spring pads, Im hoping new pads will help. Also, oddly the right wheel is also almost 1 inch closer to the center of car than the left side (meaning, left side, wheel is closer to fender and right is further away. I was thinking of adding a spacer to widen the rear.. and noticed that only the right side was tucked in. I'm going to take it apart and measure part for thickness to see where this illusive 1" has disappeared or appeared (on left side).
I would contact Eibach about cutting the stops... I think the PO of my car said the H&Rs came with directions to cut some off the front stops... You might be able to find that info on this site.

That stuff about the rear seems wonky since you just did work back there and I assume everything looked okay... If everything is right you should obviously not need a spacer and that sounds concerning! Not sure what you tell you other than good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mr_y82; 05-24-2018 at 09:28 AM.
mr_y82 is offline   Reply With Quote