E46Fanatics - View Single Post - **Kpeng's Home Theater Revamp Thread**
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #30
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Eh...that'd still look weird on there I think. Any design ideas? And wouldn't that cause the projector to overheat? It gets hot as it is.
I don't know the dimensions of the room. There are a couple things to consider when purchasing projectors. Number 1 is throw distance. This is the range of distance the projector needs to be from the screen. It varies from projector to projector. Number two would be the keystone adjustment. When using a ceiling mounted projector you need to calculate your throw distance and offset the difference if any with the keystone adjustment. This basically angles the picture so it looks flat coming onto the screen.

There are a lot of variables I would need to know to calculate whether a ceiling projector would work for you or not. Hence the fixed enclosure idea. Using plywood, build a box but leave the front open. Using mesh and cloth, cover the front and build a port for the lens. This will let it breath, keep visual appeal, and of course let you see the picture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Automation and A/V Programming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote