E46Fanatics - View Single Post - The Comprehensive E46 Brake Upgrade Guide
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #54
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VpointVick View Post
This is absolutely right, and the reason that I went and got these trailing arms out of the yard.

I cross referenced every which way on RealOEM, and while the E38 750i doesn't appear to use any of the same parking brake hardware as the E46 325i, it does appear to be the same general diameter.

I've seen the suggestions for sleeving the drum section of the rotor, fine until you need to replace rotors, and even custom shoes, fine until you need to replace shoes, and found neither to be ideal and thus opted to do it right and swap the trailing arms, axles, and output shafts.

Rally Road mentions the 750i rotor just in passing on the page for their rear 996 non-M brackets. I should probably reach out to them for clarification, you'd said that you got great customer service from them. I'll do that after the holiday.
From my research, the E38 parking brake drum is 180mm, a little smaller than the 185mm of the 330/xi rear rotors but not small enough for the 325.

I am also avoiding the ring for the exact same reason of the ability to swap rotors without additional machining and as far as the shoes go, the current ones have been on there 18 years and still good so I can't imagine wearing out a custom set in any amount of time.

I would try shooting Eric a message from his website, he called me in less than an hour. He is probably working today.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Overboost; 12-30-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote