E46Fanatics - View Single Post - Touring heavy duty springs
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 02:19 PM   #7
2Dog325iT

My Ride: 2002 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I put a set of the M3 Eibach springs on the rear of my car, which has a nice fresh set of Bilstein shocks on it. It rides really nicely, and with the Xi 15mm pads, you'd definitely be at the height you want.

That said... I'm a big fan of the flat ride principle of having a very wide gap between front and rear spring rates, and my thinking is that ultimately I'd want to pick up a set of coilover rears with the spring height adjuster, and then go with a very high spring rate TCK rear coil. I think that plus a standard shock/spring combo like Koni/H&R (or Eibach or whoever) up front could be the optimal setup for these cars. And I may well yank out my convertible's rear Ohlin springs and adjusters (the spring rate on those is 628 and they're progressive) just to do some experimentation.
Thats super interesting, I do allot of hauling over 100 lbs I'm excited to see what the difference with the eibach/bilstein will be as a step one (yes I'm totally buying Matt's old setup and can't wait to get it on the car). lmk if you ever throw those vert rear springs on and what changes rear end wise when you do!
2Dog325iT is offline   Reply With Quote