E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tourings for sale thread

880K views 7K replies 408 participants last post by  PlaneLaw 
#1 ·
As per popular demand.

Rules:
  1. Do not post YOUR car for sale here. That belongs in a Classifieds forum.
  2. Ads can be from anywhere; Autotrader, Cars, the classifieds, Craigslist, eBay, local ads (if not on-line, post scan of the ad), etc.
  3. No slamming the ads, some commentary about value is OK, but keep it short and constructive to the community here.
  4. Post essential data: year, transmission (AT/MT), key options (or deletes), location, price, and of course a link
  5. Must be whole, driveable cars, no parts or parts cars.

This post has been deleted
#2,949 ·
That bumper appears to be the same one as is on my 330i Sport Touring Automatic.

The wheels I suspect would not look like that for very long especially the kerbside front one !! the ribs that are sticking out are just a bit OTT for my personal taste and would be very susceptible to damage.

Attachments

#2,954 ·
18s are as large as I'd go on an E46, but then again I'm very conservative in my taste.
E46 M3 Competition Package had 19", so some E46 came with 19" from the factory. The VMR VB3 look nearly identical to the E46 Comp Pkg wheels. My car was a CPO and came with the VMRs and the box "OE wheels" was checked on the CPO checklist.

I don't think 19" wheels look bad on an E46 if the wheels are a proper design and have proper offsets.

But I agree there is no performance advantage over 18".

20" is definitely overkill on an E46.

#2,957 ·
Very basic offering here but it is row-your-own with relatively low miles.

Bmw 2001 - $3600 (North jersey)
2001 104450
condition: excellent
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: wagon
Here i have my 2001 bmw wagon 5 speed for sale with 104,450 clean title 2 owners clean car fax great condition in and out 3600 Negotiable please feel free to give me a call at 973 356 3252 thank you
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/madison-bmw-2001/6868146254.html

#2,958 ·
#2,969 ·
I did. Great movie, one of the Cohen's best, but I haven't seen it in a long while.

IIRC '11 was a great year for scrap metal prices, they're terrible now. I'm seeing that whole car scrap value is $121 a ton currently.
You're forgetting the platinum, palladium and rhodium in the catalysts. When the guy came for the Impulse, first thing he did was check for the catalyst.

Besides, what's a known good 100k mile M52TU engine with all the rubber and plastic parts already changed out and good oil analysis worth?

There's a lot of late '90's and early '00' BMW's out there with blown engines courtesy of the plastic cooling system.

#2,988 ·
Are you/is he hauling it in yourself/himself? Or will you/he be calling someone to come drag it away? Hauling it in personally you/he will get whatever the going rate is. Having it hauled away you/he will get the freedom of not having it around or having to deal with it anymore. There's not enough left on it for them to pay you, the scrap weight barely pays for them to haul it. That's what I did with my first stripped touring shell. My second one I cut up and shoved in the back of an F-150 and got a couple of bucks for it. We had 2 shells we took that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I bet that truck was a sight to see.

The freedom of not having it around does sound nice. I would love to have my garage space back, err, I mean my friend would ;)

#2,995 ·
It's a neat car, but doesn't sound like it's worth the asking price. Great color, and I respect the work that has gone into it, but it would need to have most of those issues mentioned addressed before I would consider dropping that kind of coin. Now the seller does state OBO, but I wouldn't want to insult him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk