[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 475
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro

Hello E46 fanatics and all you other visitors passing by!

As you all know there are some nice extra functions for the MS43 available at the moment that require editing the program code section inside the 512kb file.

Also, the MS430056 software version is kind of outdated, even when talking about a 20 year old vehicle, and lacks support of some handy things, like six speed transmission.

Because of these two good reasons we want to move on to the latest software version MS430069 and also combine all the existing special functions in one solution.

So we, the MS4X dev team, decided to offer the community this new "All-In-One" solution to keep track about all those features and make further developement way easier for us



There is one major difference in concept between Daniels first release binary in 2015 and this patchlist, you can now basically create your own firmware with all the features you want!

To do this, just install Tuner Pro or Tuner Pro RT if you want to make use of the logging features and load the patchlist XDF file and of course your desired MS430069 variant from HERE.

You can apply the patches you want and save the binary file after that. Thats it, no more manually copy and pasting HEX values, just clicking and flashing.

Please excuse that the feature list will only be available at the wiki page itself, because its easier and avoids redundancy.

Important things to know:
  • Only possible with the full flash file that is 512KB in size. Not compatible with KESS or other universal flashers.
  • Every program code altering obviously needs checksum correction, use Ultimo Checksum Corrector, or the MS4X Flasher from the wiki that corrects the checksums on the fly. (available HERE)
  • Bootmode flashing is only needed when you want to virginize the ECU and readapt it to a another EWS module. Every other feature works without bootmode flashing!
  • Yes, the launch control was revised and yes there will be a ignition cut feature soon
  • Unfortunately there is a bug in MSS5X flasher corrupting the checksums of your files. Please apply "[PATCH] Checksum Bypass" if your car doesn't start or "TPS adaption" error shows up.
  • When coming from 430056 EWS delete, you must flash in bootmode first, read out the fresh flashed ECU with MS4X Flasher and the apply all the mods in that file.
  • Chipster Flashtool for MSS5x is incompatible with most of the mods because it has a wrong checksum correction method.

Download is available at www.ms4x.net here: TunerPro MS43 Community Patchlist

If you have problems please use the following template to report in this thread:
  • What car do you have?
  • Any modifications done to the car? (engine, gearbox, cluster swapped, removed immo module, etc.)
  • What is the actual problem, what doesnt work?
  • What have you tried so far?
  • Was the engine already tuned, or flashed with another software?
  • If errors are present please attach pictures of all INPA error codes from DME.
  • Also attach full 512K readout of the ecu when the error is present.

Credits of these functions belong to their creators and thanks fly out to Daniel_F. whos outstanding work made the E46 enthusiasts community become what it is today. Cheers!
__________________
..:: Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..

Last edited by sda2; 05-20-2020 at 04:53 AM.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:21 AM   #2
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 475
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Changelog:

v1.0
  • Initial release

v1.01
  • corrected maximum MAF limit to 2048kg/h

v2.5
added features:
  • DS2 Speed Increase
  • Map Reduction
  • Ignition Cut Limiter
  • Alpha/N mode
  • MIL Knock Indicator

updates:
  • DS2 Logging Feature Enhancement
  • corrected MAF voltage axis
__________________
..:: Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..

Last edited by sda2; 05-20-2020 at 04:55 AM.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
ti3int3rc3ptor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 98
My Ride: 2004 330xi 6MT
This. Is. Awesome.

Thanks to everyone that makes this stuff possible!
ti3int3rc3ptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #4
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 552
My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro

This is fantastic! MS4x Dev Team does magic.


PS: if Iím not supposed to be asking this here, Iíll gladly delete. Donít mean to hijack the thread

Couple of questions.

I see the new bins for SW 69 are also chassis based, RHD/LHD. Why does this matter? What is different? Also, what are the differences between EU2, EU4 and US?

Lastly,
Patchlist XDF must be used with a a full read bin and then obviously written back as a full write?
Are the options in the patchlist all disabled until we touch things?
Once the patchlist does changes to the full bin, we can also just use a regular xdf to do our tuning.

I havenít experience with SW 69, I assume all the bins on the wiki are virginized?

Just to break down into simpler terms, this patchlist saves us the work from making changes in hex?

Thanks again, just wanted to clear up some of it



REQUEST:
I see from your screenshot, patchlist does not implement No Lift Shift like on 430056. I think this should be added back


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
__________________
Your friendly turbo 330cic,
d_cleverzz

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 06-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #5
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 475
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Of course this is the thread to post questions and suggestions etc.

This time we took the time to create more binaries for different chassis and also LHD/RHD as the exhaust temperature model is different and US has the DMTL unit in place.

Also, there are some chassis dependencies like configuration switches.

This is nothing new, they were present on 430056 as well, but only one binary was published

People were asking for EU2 tunes in the past, so this time we publish them right away.

Yes, full flash is required to write the changes back and as stated in the wiki, the files are virginzed. But as always, virginizing only matters when you flash in bootmode.

A patch in Tuner Pro applies changes to the loaded binary when you click the Patch button and then the apply button. It gets saved when you hit the save button.

Good thing: You can even unpatch a binary and restore the original code

NLS was not completely integrated if I remember correctly, there will be a ignition cut NLS once we get the LC feature sorted in a future version.

You can do all the tuning stuff with your normal XDF, this is just related to the program code changes.

Edit: Your engine will run with any binary of the displacement for your engine (B22, B25, B30) but try to use the most suiting one
__________________
..:: Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..

Last edited by sda2; 06-03-2019 at 06:30 PM.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #6
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 552
My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
I would assume EU2 does the DMTL bypass anyway...so EU2 would be ideal for catless cars, as EU2 simply
Voids emission components in US variants(nothing new, done on 430056 all the time)?

What would be the difference between EU2 and EU4. Just asking out of curiosity.

Why would any engine run on any engine binary? Each engine has quite different vanos timing.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
__________________
Your friendly turbo 330cic,
d_cleverzz
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?
 
CarbonZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EAS
Posts: 2,922
My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
I'm Ms43 and 6 speed and I haven't found any issues
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:31 PM   #8
armenh7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: California
Posts: 8,567
My Ride: 325i (Turbo M54B30)
Thank you guys very much for this.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Not so complicated install of BMW Tools (Windows XP, 7, and 10)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


PA Soft
Driver:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Program:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #9
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?
 
CarbonZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EAS
Posts: 2,922
My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
So I guess my question for this is, do tunes developed on 056 need to be completely redeveloped? I dont really want to take chances with boost
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 AM   #10
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 475
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
I would assume EU2 does the DMTL bypass anyway...so EU2 would be ideal for catless cars, as EU2 simply
Voids emission components in US variants(nothing new, done on 430056 all the time)?

What would be the difference between EU2 and EU4. Just asking out of curiosity.

Why would any engine run on any engine binary? Each engine has quite different vanos timing.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
I meant that for example the binaries for E46 and E39 M54B30 are interchangable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
So I guess my question for this is, do tunes developed on 056 need to be completely redeveloped? I dont really want to take chances with boost
No, just compare it to your original binary and take over the changes to the new one.

There will be no further developement for 430056.

Sent from my EML-L29 using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
..:: Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #11
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
This is awesome! Thanks to the dev team for their hard work.

Tried flashing the 430069 version today, however no luck.

Flashed fine with Chipster's Flash Tool, however EWS stops the car from starting. Resetting and syncing with INPA doesn't make any difference. Removing the EWS and flashing it using the patch doesn't work either.

Also tried using JMGarageFlasher (via bootmode), however once the flashing is complete, ECU doesn't boot up (gauge all the way to red etc etc.)

Tried the following bins:
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU2_RHD
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_RHD
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #12
stefm5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greece
Posts: 390
My Ride: 2001 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
This is awesome! Thanks to the dev team for their hard work.

Tried flashing the 430069 version today, however no luck.

Flashed fine with Chipster's Flash Tool, however EWS stops the car from starting. Resetting and syncing with INPA doesn't make any difference. Removing the EWS and flashing it using the patch doesn't work either.

Also tried using JMGarageFlasher (via bootmode), however once the flashing is complete, ECU doesn't boot up (gauge all the way to red etc etc.)

Tried the following bins:
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU2_RHD
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_RHD
did you try flashing again the original software?
stefm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #13
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefm5 View Post
did you try flashing again the original software?
Yes. Flashed back to 430056 and all good. In fact I've done it every time I tried to flash version 430069.

Tried two ECUs as well. 5WK90014 and 5WK90015.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:43 AM   #14
LKMT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: N/A
Posts: 131
My Ride: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Tried flashing the 430069 version today, however no luck.

Flashed fine with Chipster's Flash Tool, however EWS stops the car from starting. Resetting and syncing with INPA doesn't make any difference. Removing the EWS and flashing it using the patch doesn't work either.

Also tried using JMGarageFlasher (via bootmode), however once the flashing is complete, ECU doesn't boot up (gauge all the way to red etc etc.)

Tried the following bins:
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU2_RHD
Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_RHD
Ok there is a lot going on here so let's break this down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Tried flashing the 430069 version today, however no luck.

Flashed fine with Chipster's Flash Tool, however EWS stops the car from starting. Resetting and syncing with INPA doesn't make any difference.
Was this just the stock 430069 firmware from the wiki? If you where running the 430056 EWS delete before then your EWS data is probably incorrect. So in this case you need to virginize the ecu to be able to sync the EWS again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Removing the EWS and flashing it using the patch doesn't work either.
Did you verify that the patch was applied to the binary before flashing? If you load your patched binary into TunerPro again and open the EWS delete patch does it say "Patched" in the "Current Data State" box?
And when you say removing the EWS did you physically remove the EWS from the car and jump the starter connectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Also tried using JMGarageFlasher (via bootmode), however once the flashing is complete, ECU doesn't boot up (gauge all the way to red etc etc.)
If the temp gauge is in the red then it means that the checksums in the binary is not correct. When flashing through bootmode you need to correct the checksums yourself as JMGarageFlasher does not do that for you.

A side note is that the 430069 binaries in the wiki don't contain a valid VIN so you need to update the file with a valid VIN if you want to flash it in bootmode.


So depending on if you want to keep the EWS or not I would do the following.

Keeping EWS:
  1. Apply the patches you want except EWS delete.
  2. Reload the binary and verify that all applied patches say "Patched" in the "Current Data State" box
  3. Correct VIN number in the binary
  4. Correct the binary checksums
  5. Flash binary in bootmode
  6. Sync EWS in INPA

Deleting EWS:
  1. Apply the patches you want, don't forget the EWS delete.
  2. Reload the binary and verify that all applied patches say "Patched" in the "Current Data State" box
  3. Flash binary with Chipster's Flash Tool
LKMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #15
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Thanks a lot for your input!

Quote:
Was this just the stock 430069 firmware from the wiki? If you where running the 430056 EWS delete before then your EWS data is probably incorrect. So in this case you need to virginize the ecu to be able to sync the EWS again.
Have done exactly that, but the EWS data was still incorrect and car would not start. I used a virgin file that was on the Wiki ages ago.

Quote:
Did you verify that the patch was applied to the binary before flashing? If you load your patched binary into TunerPro again and open the EWS delete patch does it say "Patched" in the "Current Data State" box?
And when you say removing the EWS did you physically remove the EWS from the car and jump the starter connectors?
Yes I verified it before flashing and also verified it by making a full read of the ECU after to make sure the file has flashed correctly.

Quote:
If the temp gauge is in the red then it means that the checksums in the binary is not correct. When flashing through bootmode you need to correct the checksums yourself as JMGarageFlasher does not do that for you.
Yes. All checksums were corrected using the software in the Wiki.

Quote:
A side note is that the 430069 binaries in the wiki don't contain a valid VIN so you need to update the file with a valid VIN if you want to flash it in bootmode.
This is the only thing I haven't tried. So will try and report back!

Quote:
Deleting EWS:
  1. Apply the patches you want, don't forget the EWS delete.
  2. Reload the binary and verify that all applied patches say "Patched" in the "Current Data State" box
  3. Flash binary with Chipster's Flash Tool
Tried this multiple times and no joy.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #16
armenh7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: California
Posts: 8,567
My Ride: 325i (Turbo M54B30)
I had issues getting my car to start on 69 software as well
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Not so complicated install of BMW Tools (Windows XP, 7, and 10)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


PA Soft
Driver:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Program:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #17
rbngr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 80
My Ride: e46 325ti
Had no luck with the M54B25 LHD with LC Patch:



Engine started once for a few seconds before dying.
Did not start after that.

PM with details is out to sda.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rbngr; 06-07-2019 at 03:35 AM.
rbngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #18
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbngr View Post
Had no luck with the M54B25 LHD with LC Patch:



Engine started once for a few seconds before dying.
Did not start after that.

PM with details is out to sda.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a checksum error.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #19
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 475
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
So I just downloaded a fresh binary from the wiki, applied the patches I needed, copied the tune from my previous file and flashed it over my ECU that came with the car in normal flash mode, not bootmode, resynced the EWS rolling codes with INPA and the car started just fine.

I assume there is something odd with your bootloader. Can you guys please read the complete flash from the ECU (full read) open it with a HEX editor and check location 0x1720 and the following. Do you see "3D 08" or "CC 00" ?

Note that you dont need the checksum delete if you flash it with the MSS5X flasher, as it autocorrects them anyways.

We can collect VINs for the different binarys, then I will put semilar ones into the uploaded ones.

Edit: I maybe found the issue. The calibration value for the launch control feature are located inside the monitoring value area. This might screw the ECU self check.
__________________
..:: Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..

Last edited by sda2; 06-12-2019 at 07:30 AM.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #20
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Edit: I maybe found the issue. The calibration value for the launch control feature are located inside the monitoring value area. This might screw the ECU self check.
Good shout! I don't think I tried the 430069 without LC, will try to disable the mon checksums tomorrow and report back. ***x1f642;
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.