The YMWDLOM Thread - Page 735 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 172 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #14681
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Seiko Sumo, it is a couple spots up the line on the Seiko diver hierarchy, great watches. Comes in a few different dial colors too.

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...-made-in-japan
Old 08-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #14682
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Happy birthday Dave!

All the best from your friends you don't care to talk to anymore!
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #14683
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Happy birthday Dave!

All the best from your friends you don't care to talk to anymore!
Thanks!

I think I'm FB friends with almost every YMWDLOM regular here, so you still know where to find me! I have stopped posting and reading in PoliTalk, at least for the foreseeable future.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:55 AM   #14684
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: 2008 e90 M3
hope you enjoyed your birthday, VD
Old 08-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #14685
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Thanks!

I think I'm FB friends with almost every YMWDLOM regular here, so you still know where to find me! I have stopped posting and reading in PoliTalk, at least for the foreseeable future.
I'm quickly getting there too, just gave up on it.

Anyway, back on topic! I just snagged a pair of nubuck/suede Chukka boots, any advice on suede care and products to use?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #14686
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
I'm quickly getting there too, just gave up on it.

Anyway, back on topic! I just snagged a pair of nubuck/suede Chukka boots, any advice on suede care and products to use?
Yeah it has gotten real bad lately.

I never know what to do with suede other than try and keep it dry.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #14687
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Just wanna update that I ended up with the Bellroy Note Sleeve wallet. Only had it for about a week, but I'm pretty happy with it so far; it's slim and can hold a lot more than you'd expect.

Also bought and returned that Dango tactical-looking wallet. It was a PITA to use and felt much poorer quality in hand than in the marketing pics.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #14688
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
Just wanna update that I ended up with the Bellroy Note Sleeve wallet. Only had it for about a week, but I'm pretty happy with it so far; it's slim and can hold a lot more than you'd expect.

Also bought and returned that Dango tactical-looking wallet. It was a PITA to use and felt much poorer quality in hand than in the marketing pics.
Awesome! I really like my Bellroy for the design and how slim it is. Only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's not really holding up as well as I'd have hoped. The leather hasn't really "aged" so much as it has worn. Other than that, I love it.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #14689
Mike Larry

Quote:
Awesome! I really like my Bellroy for the design and how slim it is. Only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's not really holding up as well as I'd have hoped. The leather hasn't really "aged" so much as it has worn. Other than that, I love it.
I've looked at Bellroy's marketing pics of their wallets as they age and they look alright to me. Obviously, it remains to be seen whether mine will actually age accordingly. I only paid $50 for the wallet though, so I guess I won't be too annoyed if it starts to look like crap after a year or two.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #14690
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I just got a Bellroy Sling pack a few weeks ago. I'm trying it out as my new manpurse. So far, so good, although I may switch back to my Saddleback satchel when it gets colder/rainier.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #14691
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
I've looked at Bellroy's marketing pics of their wallets as they age and they look alright to me. Obviously, it remains to be seen whether mine will actually age accordingly. I only paid $50 for the wallet though, so I guess I won't be too annoyed if it starts to look like crap after a year or two.
Just my experience.

I can post some pics tomorrow if for your reference. FWIW mine is like 5-6 years old so it's not at all new.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #14692
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

https://dappered.com/2019/08/steal-a...strom-for-189/

if anyone is in need of a pair of quality black dress shoes, hurry up and jump on this
Allen Edmonds Strands for $189
first quality, not seconds or used
Old 08-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #14693
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

^ price is back to full price now

i have plenty of black dress shoes... but kinda regret not jumping on it
Old 08-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #14694
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
^ price is back to full price now

i have plenty of black dress shoes... but kinda regret not jumping on it
I don't wear dress shoes often so these wouldn't have been worth it for me. Thanks for posting though!

In other news, I stepped outside the AE family for the first time and bought a pair of Park Hurst Boots chukkas in tobacco (?) nubuck. Been looking for a new pair of chukkas to replace my Ecco boots that are looking pretty awful at this point.

Initial impressions is that they are incredibly well made and really comfortable. I'm not going to wear them outside until I get some waterproofing spray on them but I love the way they look and feel, especially at the $300 price point. I'll grab some pics this evening.

https://www.parkhurstbrand.com/produ...nubuk-leather/
Old 08-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #14695
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
^^^Saphir Nano has amazing results from what I've seen

https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir...ner-spray.html

Pricey, but water just beads up and falls off.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #14696
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
^^^Saphir Nano has amazing results from what I've seen

https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir...ner-spray.html

Pricey, but water just beads up and falls off.
I hate getting into Saphir products because they are just way too expensive for what they are IMO. I was planning on just getting AE's suede/nubuck care kit and water proofing spray. Both of those together come in at less than the Saphir stuff.

What does everyone on here use for their suede shoes? Aaron has to have at least 5 pairs...
Old 08-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #14697
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Eh, I think Saphir has been worth it in terms of care for my shoes. It lasts forever, too.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:10 AM   #14698
J.DoubleU.O.

My Ride: ...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
My daughter graduated HS last Friday. When I joined this forum she was 3 years old. Crazy. And I don't wear ties.
dude
that's crazy
it's like we watched her grow up on this forum
i remember the early days when you posted photos of her ... she was doing some child acting or modeling?
Ya, she was in a few movies, couple music videos and a few commercials. Never got her a Bimmer, though. Got her a Prius instead, lol.

She's a live streamer on Twitch now and just got recruited to a competitive gaming team. So, she gets played to pay video games and she produces short videos and parodies sitcoms with her friends. It's still weird to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Congrats, man.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using E46Fanatics mobile app
Thanks Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DoubleU.O. View Post
My daughter graduated HS last Friday. When I joined this forum she was 3 years old. Crazy. And I don't wear ties.
wow congrats, she going the 4 year college route? I think one of the biggest things that concern me about raising children is the education stuff. With the
way california schools are I'm seriously considering home schooling in the future. Luckily I don't have to make that decision just yet but it's creeping up on me like Biden

Quote:
however, it's got this "banding" on the bottom of the back that really detracts from the look (it's like built-in elastic so it hugs the waist)
they should have just left it plain and straight
so it's going back
Like a stretchy bunching kinda thing? that would bug me too if that were the case

Quote:

took some maternity shots
Man you must be all kinds of emotions from excited to sweating bullets, here I am trying to negotiate a DJ and schedule for food tastings
She's starting at a local JC to get her pre-req's completed, studying computer science.
J.DoubleU.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #14699
Mike Larry

Since some of us are lawyers here...
Is anyone familiar with the section 8 program? I'm helping with a landlord-tenant case with some section 8 beneficiaries. I have some specific questions as to settlements and how they're affected by section 8 (e.g. subrogation claims and liens). Was hoping Ed or Dave might know some stuff or know someone who does.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #14700
aarondb4

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
Quote:
I hate getting into Saphir products because they are just way too expensive for what they are IMO. I was planning on just getting AE's suede/nubuck care kit and water proofing spray. Both of those together come in at less than the Saphir stuff.

What does everyone on here use for their suede shoes? Aaron has to have at least 5 pairs...
Sorry, been absent from the thread for awhile. And it is 7 pairs of suede my good man, 7.

This is the stuff you want.
https://www.amazon.com/Tarrago-Hight...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Spray some of that on before you wear them, I do 2-3 coats on new shoes. Then run the suede under the sink and it won't have a drop of water on it. The water isn't necessarily a killer for suede, it is the oils that will **** em up. The spray keeps the oils off too. I splashed some olive oil on a pair of CXL boots and it stained them, took some work to get it out, might have ruined untreated suede.