The Grand Tour Season 3 Talk Thread - Page 8 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #141
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
So then please for the love of god, explain to me how, out of all the cars that were ever built on the face of this earth, is the Mondeo Estate of that era the ONLY ONE that Hammond, May and Clarkson actually agree on as being a great car overall. It's cool, but it's mindblowing that they cannot agree to like one single other car together.

Guess that's why I love the show and them though.
Well you have to remember that, for them, it's not all about sporty. It's more about the all around package of the car that they can't find anything wrong with it. Jeremy said for a while that one of the best cars around was a Volvo XC90...and I think he owned something like three of them.

Even when it comes to sporty cars, they don't agree. Jeremy is very much about British cars like McLaren and Rolls, James is more about Ferrari and unique cars, Richard is more about American cars and Porsches.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #142
MachRc
When Keepin' it real goes..

My Ride: 2009 E89 Z4 35i
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=mzxaqz6Nd7A

Im so glad theyre still going to be doing what they love doing. The real life automotive version of life aquatic. I am going to miss the presentation and the audience participation.
I really enjoyed this season and even somehow managed to get my girl to watch it with me and to my surprise witness her laughing to my heroes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"This is ten percent luck.. Twenty percent skill.. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will. Five percent pleasure..
Fifty percent pain. And a hundred percent reason to remember the name...."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #143
MachRc

Season 4 is out

wow and I didnt even know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"This is ten percent luck.. Twenty percent skill.. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will. Five percent pleasure..
Old 12-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #144
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Throwing shade at Top Gear at the end

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #145
MachRc

theyre still my heros, but GT is now officially for old ass dudes

If you're not careful, you may fall asleep

not becasue the show is boring, but because youre old

Old 12-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #146
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
theyre still my heros, but GT is now officially for old ass dudes

If you're not careful, you may fall asleep

not becasue the show is boring, but because youre old

They’ve been old. Haha

I enjoyed this special but missed the cars

Quote:
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:24 AM   #147
Stankia

Recently rewatched Top Gear seasons 1-22, not gonna lie the thought of getting old hits hard. Hammond is like 50 years old now, when the started he was in his 30s...

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."

Last edited by Stankia; 12-17-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #148
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
There is a season 4 now? Dang must watch. Even with Geezers like me.

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:39 AM   #149
SamDoe1

It's not season 4, it's just one special.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #150
Stankia

There will be more specials.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:35 PM   #151
TSiGuy

My Ride: 05 325i
I watched the Seamen special last night, legit I fell asleep for about five minuets. I'm 36 with two toddlers. Old and tired lol.

I thought it was a good episode, I did like the fact they made fun of each other for doing a boat show. Also the Top Gear reference at the end.
TSiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #152
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Anyone watch any of the new Top Gears with the most recent lineup? Its not bad, best chemistry amongst the hosts since Clarkson and Co left, nothing will compare to them but if you go into it not expecting old Top Gear its a pretty entertaining show.

bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #153
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Anyone watch any of the new Top Gears with the most recent lineup? Its not bad, best chemistry amongst the hosts since Clarkson and Co left, nothing will compare to them but if you go into it not expecting old Top Gear its a pretty entertaining show.
Where are you finding the episodes?

I watched the season immediately after the cast change and it was terrible. The one after that was much better but I haven't been able to stream them since.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #154
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post

I watched the season immediately after the cast change and it was terrible. The one after that was much better but I haven't been able to stream them since.
My lawyer downloaded them for me

The Chris Evans season was horrible, the Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris, and Rory Reid seasons were much better, the newest lineup is even better.

Not really sure of car pedigree of Paddy McGuinness (comedian) or Freddie Flintoff (cricket player) but they are entertaining. The interactions don't seemed forced like the LeBlanc seasons, more like they just let them loose to do whatever they want.

bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #155
Stankia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post

https://popcorntime.app/

Last edited by Stankia; 03-06-2020 at 05:00 PM.